Game Saves

Posted by reddwarf 
Game Saves
Date: August 15, 2008 06:58PM
Posted by: reddwarf
Ok this may have been covered before, but is it possible to have multi games saves ie from different years, and have the carset etc auto load when u select to play that game without having to apply all the patches via the various editors?
Re: Game Saves
Date: August 15, 2008 08:26PM
Posted by: msater
nope, its not

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 15, 2008 10:40PM
Posted by: Brianf666
You'd have to re-set GPxPatch (not a huge bother) and GP3Edit (just load up the required set and pop it into the game. Anything else, you can pre-set as GPxPatch loadable files. I'd naturally play with the physics file. Depending on the realism you want, you might set up all the circuits for a specific year, too. So most of the work is in the preparation.
When it comes to saving, well, no problem there as you just use different save names. But it wont save the rest of the special data with it. You could end up with quite a mess if you forget to switch over.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: August 16, 2008 08:20PM
Posted by: reddwarf
yeah i havedone that - ended up with 2008 cars with 1969 performances and handling! interesting at 1st corner lol. think i will stick with loadin em in separately. On subject of Physics, any ideas what a realistic slip angle for current cars would be? or should it be more for newer cars or less? I was trying to replicate the drifting handling of older f1 cars but dont quite understand the technical stuff. or has anybody got some good physiscs files?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy