Date: March 09, 2008 12:53PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Hi racers...

what is magic data and what is it for?

thanks
Re: What's magic data
Date: March 09, 2008 10:52PM
Posted by: mortal
The simplest answer is; track specific data for AI cars performance, loaded with gpx_patch as far as I know.
There will be someone here that can give a lot more information, meantime, try one out for yourself.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 10, 2008 05:42PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi. Magicdata is the file "inside" a track that contains the specifics for the track, some only for AI (as setup, fuel load and consumption, % of errors...) and some for both AI and human player (as air resistance, track grip, track banking and bump...): editing it you can create a very personal track.
You can get it from custom tracks with the utility Cmagic, open and edit it with notepad, then riload it into tracks with Cmagic (you can get Cmagic in this site in the old download section\utilities).
You can get the magic data of the original Gp3 tracks with Cmagic but from the Gp3.exe.
I know that Roberto Scandura has made a very detailed guide of the MD file (sorry if i'm forgetting anyone else's job), you can get it on his site or in the download section of this site (i don't remember in which section, sorry).
Remember well: the way of editing the MD is very hard (it takes a lot of time, you must try and try and try to understand well what affects what...) but very satisfaiting (you can really customize the track as you like).
Claudio.
Date: March 10, 2008 09:19PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Additionally, you can fine tune each track to give as fair and representative a race as possible. I aim for AI lap times (usually a tad better than my best) within 0.2sec of real times. This works in partnership with Advanced Physics Editor to aid in getting the likes of Honda the correct distance back from Ferrari. (and for the right reasons)

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: March 11, 2008 12:43AM
Posted by: ivocalha
thanks guys!
Date: March 16, 2008 03:53PM
Posted by: Racer#73
Brianf666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can fine tune each track to give
> as fair and representative a race as possible. I
> aim for AI lap times (usually a tad better than my
> best) within 0.2sec of real times.

Hi.

Brian, how do you change the AI lap times? Could you tell me what do I have to do to change it, please?

Thanks
Date: March 17, 2008 12:45PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
To Racer#73.
You can set the lap time in this way:
- in the MD file find the voice "timing factor?(dword!)" and set the qualifying lap time in seconds (i mean: for 1m15s250 set 75250);
- step 2: if you note that the time is not accurate, modify the voice "timing factor finetune? (dword!)": a 1000 value is for 1 second. You can use + or - value, to increase or decrease lap time, it depends if the AI are slower or faster then the ideal lap time (you should have to test a few time, before understanding well how it works).
Then reinsert the MD in the track.
A tip: always test the setting driving a lap: usually, if track is well done (length, CC line...) after a few test you should get what you want.
Hope you find this useful.
Claudio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy