A question (may be a stupid one)

Posted by abdelkader 
A question (may be a stupid one)
Date: February 02, 2008 01:09PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi. I am interested in one thing.

Lately I have been using F1 career to play GP3. Thanks to this application I don't have to play a regular championship mode in GP3 (championship is limited to copying the best six from each race and typing it into F1 career slots.

My question is: Is there a human factor in GP3? (I mean: If I beat my AI rivals in one of the races (extending my lead in the overall classification) in championship mode, are they likely to "be willing" to take revenge on me in the next race? Or maybe their performance is determined ONLY by the performace file?)

i am asking about this because with F1 career I don't have to play regualr seasons. It means that I use "non-championship race" mode. I don't know whether AI drivers "treat" such races as every serious race, or they consider it as a "friendly race" which will not affect the the points in championship standings.

I hope you know what I am asking about.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2008 01:17PM by abdelkader.
Re: A question (may be a stupid one)
Date: February 02, 2008 02:00PM
Posted by: Bongo
I know what you mean. I play my championships by single races as well.
You can be sure there is only perf-file and no other factor. Although I also happen to crash with the same guys and never with others, even in single races. It´s strange but it has to be coincidence.
Take the topic "team-order in gp-games", for example. In some cases AI-drivers lose championships because team-mate didn´t let pass. I had those cases. Even in normal championships. So there can´t be any other factor.
Date: February 02, 2008 08:00PM
Posted by: Brianf666
But it SEEMS that certain cars/drivers adopt the characteristics of their real-life counterparts. The number of times a certain red car has shunted me off in past seasons is unreal. Then, last season, one of the silver jobs was a *&_(*&;)(&^$ to get past even when I was a fair bit quicker. I'm now testing/setting up for '08 and that trait has suspiciously moved to a blue, yellow, orange and white car. I've even thought there might be some code that secretly hooks to a 'net connection and downloads 'special' characteristics files. Now that WOULD be fun!

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: February 02, 2008 08:22PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Brianf666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But it SEEMS that certain cars/drivers adopt the
> characteristics of their real-life counterparts.
> The number of times a certain red car has shunted
> me off in past seasons is unreal.

Oh my God. When I played 1994 or 1995 seasons I would get shunted off very often by a certain light blue car :)

Maybe there is something in the code of the game...something we don't know of.

Date: February 10, 2008 10:46PM
Posted by: badger27
I've noticed that that I'm often having a scrap with Massa (and tend to end up off the track on the odd occasion), sometimes over 10 times a season. It's really starting to piss me off. I would be inclined to say that it is a little too suspect for all of these cases to be coincidences.

The truth is out there.
Date: February 11, 2008 04:36AM
Posted by: gareth
DC seems to be my bogey driver.... the ammount of times he's hit me. I drive into him straight away on suspicion now!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy