Track editing grid problem

Posted by tim3003 
Track editing grid problem
Date: January 01, 2008 12:56PM
Posted by: tim3003
Hi,

I've noticed on several old tracks that the starting grid lines do not appear on the tarmac surface. If I understand from Track editor the relevant command is 0xe8 232, on track section 0, with args 0,1,0,842,-128,0,0,4,64,0.

However I have checked the tracks in question as well as some which are okay, and all have this command with the above args, so I cant see where the problem is.

Interlagos, which has pole position on the right, also has the same args. This track would need a different command from others to stagger the grid correctly wouldnt it?

Thanks for any help, and Happy New Year to all,

Tim
Re: Track editing grid problem
Date: January 03, 2008 12:27PM
Posted by: tim3003
As it happens I have solved this problem myself. You need a couple of 0xe8 commands accessing jip 841 to set up a grid.

Is there a repository for little tweaks like this to help other track editors? I have Roberto's excellent track editor tutorial, but there are so many detail wrinkles like this one to learn - eg the different track commands make different use of their args - that maybe an extra section for tweaks could be added?

Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy