Several GP3 questions!

Posted by reddwarf 
Several GP3 questions!
Date: July 25, 2007 11:50AM
Posted by: reddwarf
Hello to all, this is my first post here and it regards whether GP3 will run on my machine or not. I have an Intel p4 3GHZ, 1GHZ ram xp running pc, the only problem is that it relies on integrated graphics chipset (Unichrome).
I have virtual pc installed which allows me to run Win98se (currently play GPW on this).
Is there any hope of gp3 running on this and at a playable framerate? I understand that it can emulate a graphics card and i would prefer not to have the expense of buying one just to play one game.
Also is there any known issues about game controllers, I would prefer to use a joypad as i mainly play on consoles. I have heard that converters are availiable for ps2 pads, what about xbox wired controllers?
I hope some one can help before i try to track down a copy of gp3 as i have already found to my cost that gp4 wont even install on my heap pc!
Re: Several GP3 questions!
Date: August 02, 2007 12:27PM
Posted by: mortal
You will need that graphics card, have a look on ebay for a bargain. There's a graphics card thread in the OT forum. It is possible to use a joypad, there's a thread on that in the GP4 forum. With a graphics card installed GP4 will run on your system, albeit with some of the eye candy turned down :-) I have a P4 2.4ghz with an ATI X800 pro, BF2, GP4, Enemy Territory and similar play just fine, well worth the investment. Good luck.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2007 08:48PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
As GP3 relies much more on the CPU than the graphics card, it may just run very well on your PC.
Date: August 03, 2007 01:58PM
Posted by: mortal
btw, Amazon.uk have copies, new and used, at the price it's worth a try anyway, and see if there's updated drivers for the existing graphics if you haven't already.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 05, 2007 05:31PM
Posted by: Brianf666
I'd go for a cheapo 3D card. I'm sure you can pick up a Gforce2 for a song but beware of Gforce 4 440's as I had lots of reliability issues with them. GP3 will run on an old ATI rage cipset but for best resolution an old GF2 or Radeon is hard to beat for the money. Be careful with XP. Run the GP3.exe file in win98 emulation. If you want to add in the patches and other great stuff we have on this site, you'll need GPxPatch and GP3Edit to get started. Then the real fun starts.

Oh, and I only play one game. Guess which one.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy