Albert Park Today 17_02

Posted by mortal 
Albert Park Today 17_02
Date: February 17, 2002 02:52AM
Posted by: mortal
went in to melb today and there's a f1 exhibition on southbank, the tourist precinct by the river, then I rode my bike over to albert park to suss out the track, anyhoo I took a lot of pics with my digital camera and they are uploading now to ftp.nex.net.au/htmls/mald/albert_park17-02 All pics have been reduced by two thirds ;-) more will be posted over the race weekend, mainly babes, who wants to look at cars lol

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Albert Park Today 17_02
Date: February 17, 2002 03:12AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Website doesnt seem to work for me :(

Date: February 17, 2002 03:13AM
Why the hell have i got that ip address?????

Date: February 17, 2002 03:21AM
try this address then ;-) [ftp.nex.net.au]
Forgot to mention I had a go at the sims they had on southbank, both were set up as minardis and running f1_2001 , very touchy and I kept spinning out ;-) I did a 1:54 lap wich was better than the guy who was next to me, he took 4 mins to get round, I think they will be at the gp this year but you can bet the que will be huge!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 17, 2002 04:52AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Hey thanks for sharing them mortal, they're cool :)

It's amazing how different the "track" looks when it's not in use (F1)... I'm particularly referring to this pic:

[ftp.nex.net.au]

And despite the fact it hasn't got any F1 in it so to speak, I love this pic too:

:)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 17, 2002 05:33AM
Thanks for the pics :D

I found it pretty funny seeing the old people playing the f1 2001 game, you would have thought the wouldnt go near a simulator

Date: February 17, 2002 08:54AM
Posted by: Zcott
I've been on those steps :-)

Melbourne is a really nice place. I have lots of family out there, and they're always persuading us to come out and live there. It's a beautiful city, I really enjoy it.
Date: February 17, 2002 09:25AM
Posted by: LS.
wow thanks for those pictures, i'm getting exicted just looking at the nearly completed circuit, it must be even better cycling round, and in that lovely sunshine and blue sky, you lucky devil.

melbourne looks lovely
Date: February 17, 2002 09:56AM
Posted by: Zcott
Yes, great pics! You've got me in the mood for some racing at Melbourne now!

Are you going to the race?
Date: February 17, 2002 11:46AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
cool pics!!!!

and thanx alot. now im in the mood for f1!! :)

id love to be in melbourne now because i live in ireland and i have to travel about 80km to a karting track which prob. is crap compared to ones in central europe!!!!

oh well i better get digital to live f1 in some way............. lol

keep the pics coming!!!!!!!! :)

Date: February 17, 2002 04:43PM
Posted by: andrew_S
found it pretty funny seeing the old people playing the f1 2001 game, you would have thought the wouldnt go near a simulator

hehe you should see some of the guys that play GPL then..........
Date: February 17, 2002 07:35PM
Posted by: Ozzy_Eagle
I also have had a look, it is getting closer to the race, 13 days and I cant wait!

Date: February 17, 2002 07:41PM
hey thanks for the comments guys ;-), I know some of them weren't of the track but there's some touristy pics some might want to see ;-) Surprisingly it was a really nice day, although I did get a flat ;-/ luckily for me the guy that rents push-bikes on the St.Kilda foreshore put a new tube in for me. Yes it was funny to see the oldies having a go at the sim but "good on 'em" as we say here, the old fella couldn't complete a lap before he got booted off, it was pretty funny to watch too, although I must admit I wasn't that crash hot either lol. I will be at the race on fri and sun and I'll upload pics on fri and sun night as soon as I get home. Glad you enjoyed them ;-)

Date: February 17, 2002 11:24PM
Posted by: SkAiFeY
thanx mortalwombat! great photographs!!!

da track loox cool, i'd go to the race, but its so far away being nearlyon the other side of Austrlia :/

who's goin to melb?

Chris C
--------------------------------------
GPTC &amp; GPVWC Manager o' CVRT
HawkEyE '01WC' Driver o' CVRT
http://cvrt.tk
Date: February 18, 2002 12:10AM
I don't think anyone from the forum except myself will be there, but hey, correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to catch up and talk F1 and GP3 ;-) over a beer or two or three or four or five or six or ...oops, me fall down lol

Date: February 18, 2002 01:41AM
Hey Mortal, I'm going on the Saturday. I will be there early for the first practice session, and I should be hanging around all day. If you want to catch up, email me and we could organise a place to meet.

Ozzy

Date: February 18, 2002 03:22AM
Oops, doh didnt read your post, anyway, the pics are great and the weather should be good.

Date: February 18, 2002 07:38AM
Posted by: Habi
Nice pics, lucky you :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy