Number of Laps

Posted by silverchamp 
Number of Laps
Date: March 13, 2005 12:33PM
Posted by: silverchamp
I really want to have a go at the Indy500 and have just downloaded the track. However none of the editors allow me to make the race longer than 99 laps - is there any way for me to get it up to the right number.
Although the length of the race on the Milwaukee Mile is 125 laps.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2005 12:34PM by silverchamp.
Re: Number of Laps
Date: March 13, 2005 03:47PM
Posted by: Speed_Addict
Did you try inserting the number of laps with CMagic?
Date: March 13, 2005 03:50PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
That will do it....

I think the maximum number of laps is 128 though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 13, 2005 05:08PM
Posted by: silverchamp
I tried that just now, and it seemed to work - the number of laps I entered in with Cmagic appeared in the menus etc. but as soon as the race started and someone crossed the start/finish line, it says "race won by x" and then it was race over.
It also does this whenever I enter a number of laps over 100.

Is there anything else you can suggest?
Date: March 14, 2005 12:47PM
Posted by: Eagle
You have to change the value of the number of laps actually in the trackfile.dat itself, and in the pit and lap editor.

the max, as already said, of laps is 128, so you may have to have 2 Indy 500s to get the full experience. Theres no real way to increase the number of laps.
Date: March 14, 2005 04:20PM
Posted by: wvdriel
Actually there is another game. its called indycar series and it allows you to do the Indy 500 with apropriate regulations for qualifying etc. Its not a bad racing game, decent graphics and physics.
Date: March 15, 2005 11:38AM
Posted by: Eagle
yeah, but its like 100 bucks dude (obviously paying too much for games here) just to drive around and around, and around, and around etc.
Date: April 10, 2007 12:10PM
Posted by: bigears
I thought my laps problems would be more relevant in here so here it is.

I am planning to do an 2001 ALMS season with the 2001 Le Mans carset.

In the past, I had no problems editing the numbers of laps from the track.dat default laps to 124 laps (I just want to play it safe rather than up to 128 laps)

Since then I had my computer reformatted and I reinstalled GP3 and did all the patching.

Now when I edited the number of laps (124 laps) from a .dat file and then I add the magic data and I go to race at the track.

It comes up at only 25 laps, I thought it won't show up the hundred digit (124 laps) so I accelerated the race and it only went up to 25 laps.

I was puzzled and I edited it again (this time 99 laps) and saved the .dat file and ran the game. The laps on the game went to 15 laps.

What is going on? I want to race at the maximum laps as possible and how can I do that this time?

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: April 12, 2007 05:12PM
Anyone? :)

Date: April 12, 2007 07:00PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Have you got it on Non-Championship Mode? If so, I think you've got it on 20% races, not 100%.
Date: April 12, 2007 07:46PM
Of course! How could I forget about that!

I am such a n00b. :)

Thank you for fixing my problem. Now I can start racing in my ALMS season then.

Date: April 12, 2007 09:02PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Not a problem, buddy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy