Question about tracks applied with GPxPatch

Posted by abdelkader 
Question about tracks applied with GPxPatch
Date: January 30, 2007 05:57PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Well. My problem is as follows:

I am using original, generic GP3 tracks but I apply them with GPxPatch and I use them in the order which is different from the original one.

So, coming to the point:

For example, I use original Suzuka circuit (which originally is in the slot #16) in the slot #3.

As a result, when I enter the game and I choose a track to ride on, I don't see 'Japan' in the third slot but still 'Argentina'. However ,when I choose this track, it turns out to be Suzuka.

Is it possible to change the names of tracks displayed in the game?

Re: Question about tracks applied with GPxPatch
Date: January 30, 2007 06:28PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
original tracks do not contain magicdata so, moving them in other slots like suzuka in slot 3 the game applies to it the info related to Buenos Aires.
If you want to use an original track in a different slot, you need to apply it its own magicdata (or a new one) taking it from Cmagic.

Dunno if it's the same for all but to apply a MD to an original track usually I have to open the dat file and edit the Gp3info as they turn to 'unknown' and then apply the md.

-------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy