GP3 salvage & GPxPatch blues

Posted by Brianf666 
GP3 salvage & GPxPatch blues
Date: June 29, 2006 09:16AM
Posted by: Brianf666
Hi guys. A few days ago I had a major breakdown of my main drive and had to salvage all my data and game files. I did this ok and got all my GP3 stuff set up on a spare HDD. I tried running GP3 through GPxPatch but got a loading error almost immediately. I checked the GP3 and it loads okay from the .exe file. I uninstalled GPxPatch 3.91 and installed my old v3.82 Still the same. I dropped all the GPxset stuff like physics and carshape (I don't use a performance file as I export that direct from GP3Edit.) No better. I re-copied the decrypted nocd .exe file and still no better. Does anyone know what I might have missed?

I am running in debug mode so I can paste a log file here if that helps.

Brian

Nico bites yer tyres!
Re: GP3 salvage & GPxPatch blues
Date: June 29, 2006 11:00AM
Posted by: drafi5
Normal way is: install GP3 > install official patch 1.13 >
install decrypted nocd.exe > install GPxPatch 3.83/3.91 >
configure and start GPxPatch.
Things that could case CTD are: carshape, jip.files (tracks), jam files (carsets 2k)...

Greetings from Germany !!!
Date: June 29, 2006 06:18PM
Yeah but. The files were running okay on the old disk before the crash. The game runs fine from the GP3.exe but I copied the decrypted nocd exe file in again to make sure. Game still runs from the .exe but won't run from GPxPatch. Never had anything like this before and it'll be a bitch if I have to re-install from new 'cos I've lost my original CD. Oh well. if the worst comes to it I'll bring forward my intention of buying the pair of GP3 and GP3,2k together.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: June 29, 2006 10:04PM
Posted by: drafi5
Maybe your can post your problem at the SDI forum
[http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsdi/] or send him a mail:
gpxpatch@xs4all.nl with the log file.

Greetings from Germany !!!
Date: June 30, 2006 01:41PM
Been working wildly at this. I first took off debug mode, then stopped GPxPatch from loading ANY external files except tracks. Bahrain crashed it but Australia ran. I've re set all the main external files and its still loading and driving. Next is to turn debug back on so I can use the few tracks that need it.

Damn. It's debug mode that's crashing it. Sending off the details to that Addy. Cheers for that.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy