So I'm thinking of buying this...

Posted by flat tyre 
So I'm thinking of buying this...
Date: March 19, 2006 06:39PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I have GP2 and GP4, and now I want to get GP3 for my laptop. It fits the minimum requirements, but as I have found out with GP4, it seems like it may need to be much higher to have a decent speed and framerate. Will these specifications work well with GP3?

Windows 98
Pentium II 410 mhz
64 (or is it 128?) mb ram

The rest of the specifications are above the minimum, but I can't remember them offhand.
Re: So I'm thinking of buying this...
Date: March 19, 2006 08:40PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
That's fine. As long as you've got a HW mode graphics card, the rest of that will work fine.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 19, 2006 09:58PM
Posted by: Sapo
yeah, what kind of gfx card is in it, because ut is possible you have to play it on software mode
Date: March 19, 2006 11:00PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I think that your CPU is a bit slow for GP3.

GP3 relies mainly on the CPU.
I have found that graphics cards really aren't all that relevant with this game.

Folks with 600mhz CPUs used to complain about how slow GP3 ran at times.
With my old Athlon 900 I would have the game run a bit slowly through the first corner or two of a race and wet weather was often a problem.
With my Athlon 3000xp, GP3 runs great in all weather at all times.
Date: March 19, 2006 11:34PM
Posted by: Sapo
well, i did run gp3 on a 530 mhz pIII very smoothly, only ofcourse on a low gfx setting, 640x480 and in software mode. So it is absolutely possible. But do no expect a lot of it indeed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy