Top Gear track

Posted by le_jaguar_2004 
Top Gear track
Date: February 26, 2006 01:21AM
Posted by: le_jaguar_2004
Hi

Does the Top Gear track exist for GP3 ?
Thx

If it doesn't, could anyone try to do it ? It should be cool ;)

Re: Top Gear track
Date: February 28, 2006 11:06PM
Posted by: mimo
a top gear track style in GP3 sounds very cool.
like top gear 2 tracks.

---------------------------------------------------

Date: March 01, 2006 12:54PM
Yep... We can modify the Burke Lakefront Airport layout to get it ;)
Could anybody do that ?

Date: March 01, 2006 05:34PM
Posted by: Rico
would be fun i think.
Date: March 01, 2006 07:52PM
Posted by: dada
What do you mean "top gear" Track ..... a track that is all with 6th ?

This will be boring (IMO)

Date: March 01, 2006 08:16PM
Posted by: six degrees
no mate :P top gear is a uk tv motoring magazine [www.bbc.co.uk], and they have a test track where they drive all kinds of cars. Based currently at Dunsfold Aerodrome [www.racingcircuits.net]
Date: March 02, 2006 09:15PM
Yeah, we got the layout.
Who could modify it ? I know nothing about track editing... :/

Date: March 02, 2006 09:53PM
Posted by: ralphi
would that work? seeing as the track crosses itself? :S

Date: March 03, 2006 07:01PM
Mmh, this is a problem... :S Is it possible that the track crosses itself ?

Date: March 03, 2006 08:15PM
Posted by: Brianf666
le_jaguar_2004 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mmh, this is a problem... :S Is it possible that
> the track crosses itself ?
>

Nah. That's what the drivers do (the Catholic ones, anyway)

Date: March 05, 2006 03:07PM
Tssss ;)

Date: March 05, 2006 07:44PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
lol!

Well, you might have to make the straight longer, for example, to stop it overlapping. That wouldn't be a problem anyway since an F1 car would do the lap so quickly the races would be too short.

Maybe if the start straight was much longer, and the approach to hammerhead was too it wouldn't cross?

Or perhaps some one could do something a la suzuka, where it crosses over - put in a tunnel. It wouldn't be ideal but it should work.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 05, 2006 10:17PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Just Google Earthed the track. I don't know if there is an official length given anywhere, but it seems to be just under 3km in total, and one stretch of road is used twice in opposite directions which would make things tricky. The GE image is old enough to not show the new tarmac at Hammerhead, so I took me an eternity to figure out how the course was layed out, as it is only about one quarter of the Dunsfold site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 06, 2006 12:34AM
Posted by: andyl
the overlaping track should not be a problem, as i once tried to make a figure of 8 demolishion derby track to see lots of crashes but in the game it does not work like that as the track is made up of the road and a normaly grass on each side and this is the only bits you can drive on so when it gets to the overlap the game does not see the other bit of track it is overlapping so you dont see it. if you take all the height out suzuka for example you cant crash into the other cars.

so if you make the top gear track the bits that overlap will be treated as seperate bits of road.

i have an oval track someone made which has 2 laps on top of each other so you go round the oval twice for each lap.
Date: March 06, 2006 07:14PM
Posted by: vbc
LOL, it is easy to ask and talk about it, but as you can see no one of you want to learn Track Editing to make tracks.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy