Welcome and thanks...

Posted by Dinga 
Welcome and thanks...
Date: February 03, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: Dinga
Firstly welcome to this side of the fence LO2K. I'm glad Stephan found a well respected member of the community to look after the file service.Your GP4 editing suite rocks btw!

Secondly, a massive thanks to Paul Arnall(Belini) for the brilliant updates to GP3-2000. It moves this sim onto a whole new dimension.I actually bought GP3-2000 purely to use the tracks you were making early doors for this mod and for anyone running GP3 v1.xx I suggest you do the same-you won't regret it! Thanks again!

Re: Welcome and thanks...
Date: February 04, 2006 01:35AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The problem is that GP3-2k was never sold in the Americas and is virtually unobtainable there.

It took me over two years of searching to finally obtain a copy (after losing some money to one "seller" who just took my payment and never sent me anything or even bothered to reply to any of my inquiries), as almost no European sellers of the game will ship it to the Americas.
Date: February 05, 2006 01:31PM
Posted by: Lo2k
:) Thanks Dinga.
I will try to do my best to keep file service up-to-date and it seems some files are in the queue since quite some time. For example, your files, Jacki, will only be available today or tomorrow despite you sent them some weeks ago : /
But I will try to regulate this.

I also started to clean the downloads themselves, broken links, double downloads, useless files (was replaced in time by new ones).... I'm on it and will bring you a report once I will have finished.
Just a word : I started by GP4 downloads, I'm sorry for GP3 players but I started in the order of the admin download list.
Anyway, your turn will come soon :)

Oh, and if something is wrong (broken link, you prefer we link your site instead of hosting your file, etc...) do not hesitate to send me a mail to lauri2000 at free.fr starting your mail object by [gpgames], it will be easier for me to sort mails :)
example:
object: [gpgames] wrong link

Thanks everyone and see you on the forum :)

PS: I still have my old perfectly new GP3 box+cd if anyone is interested (I have to check it could be installed in any other language than french ;)). But you should really try GP4 imho :)

Date: February 05, 2006 02:16PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Thank you for letting me know that I can expect to see my files made available for download again, eventually. I had just about given up hope of ever seeing any of them on this website again, after waiting for some of them to appear for over 5 months, and was looking for other places for them. I have many more that I will upload here as soon as I see the old ones appear.

P.S. Probably many of us here feel as I do. We've tried GP4, and we'd likely play it a bit, if only it had all of the correct configuration tracks with the correct graphics for even only any one single F1 or CART season other than the 2001 F1 season of the original game. However, at the rate that GP4 track making is progressing, that isn't likely to happen for quite some time yet.
Date: February 05, 2006 03:04PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, the way download queue can be managed on gpgames is not very handy and thus some old downloads can be missed for some time. So I'm pretty sure I will re-discover some old files never released in the incoming days.

Concerning GP4/GP3 debate, I won't re-launch the debate in this post, if you really want to start it again, let's start it in another thread (or continue it in a thread that is surely already existing). Just a word about tracks : More GP3 track makers will come to GP4 and more GP4 tracks will appear.
With current GP4 track editing tools, building a GP4 track is much faster than building a GP3 track (I speak both physicaly and graphicaly).

Date: February 05, 2006 06:13PM
Posted by: drafi5
Thank you very much, Laurent, so many download files in the last days was hard work
for my old modem, I think we had not so many files last year, thanks again.

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy