X & Y using Panels for beginners.

Posted by elio 
X & Y using Panels for beginners.
Date: January 31, 2006 02:24PM
Posted by: elio
Does anyone have tips on how to place items o the screen using the X&Y co-ordinates in GPX info Panels.

I am using trial and error to place info in various places on the screen. It takes ages!

If I were to dra a grid on a pice of paper to use as a guide, where would 0,0 -0,-0 100,100 and -100,-100 be?

What is the highest (+) number before it goes negative and how high do the negative numbers run.

When making panels how do you judge where to put things?

When I have used cockpit editor it was easy because you could make the adjestments there and then rather than keep going into the game to see if you got it right.

Help appreciated.
Re: X & Y using Panels for beginners.
Date: January 31, 2006 02:50PM
Posted by: Brianf666
So, you have defpanel.ini (or whatever setup file you are using) open for editing within GPxCinfo. First of all you set your screen dimensions. Mine is 1024x768 so my top and left are set to 0, the right to 1024 and the bottom to 768. So where do minus figures come in? These are measured from the right and bottom edges. I have my info panel down the right so my gear is at (-6,150) being 6 pxls from the right and 150 pxls from the top. It is done this way so that if you change resolution you don't end up with info panel off the screen or in the middle.

GPxPatch is excellent as it allows you to have many different setups for on-screen items and simply switch to the one you want before starting GP3. Mostly, I expect people have their favourite setup and just use that all the time.
Date: January 31, 2006 05:00PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Or in my case never use any panels. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: January 31, 2006 10:06PM
Posted by: elio
Brian

Thank you so much!

I get it!

It was the neg numbers and that, unlike at school, you count the Y axis from the top downward to the bottom and not the other way around.

Cheers! mate!

I am so grateful fot this forum - once agin.

Elio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy