GP3 TCP / IP Loading problem

Posted by GPArny 
GP3 TCP / IP Loading problem
Date: December 16, 2005 11:43PM
Posted by: GPArny
My brother and me were playing together via TCP / IP together for the first time. Everything went fine, so we decided to start a Championsship Season. Everything went fine again, after a while we had to stop. We saved the game both, and quit. Another time we connected again, but when we tried to load the game it doensn't work. We come to the loading menu, loaded our game, there was a message "Game loaded", clicked "Oke" and after that the game crashed ( didn't do anything anymore, we saw only the background picture). The game was saved on both computers. We've both GP3 standard installation with version 1.13. No more patches or upgrades. We've a legal game. What's the problem???

Thank you :)
Re: GP3 TCP / IP Loading problem
Date: December 19, 2005 02:21PM
Posted by: dabu67
Hi GPArny,

this is a Problem if GP is running on Windows XP or W2K machines. There is no solution because GP does not work correct with winsock2-API.
The only solution is to use GP3-2000 Season or play the game with win98 installed
Date: December 19, 2005 05:12PM
Posted by: GPArny
GP3 - 2000, what's that? Is it legally downloadable or is it a whole new game? Does it also help if I set the compatibility to Win98?
Date: December 20, 2005 09:54AM
Posted by: dabu67
Compatibility Mode Win98 does not fix the problem.
Believe it. I waste several days in tracing TCP/IP protocol with many possible configurations on WinXP and W2K - NO CHANCE

GP3 2000Season is the offical AddOn to GP3. I buy one of them in ebay. 1,99 Euro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy