2005 self extracting self insatlling 2005 update?

Posted by darrenj 
2005 self extracting self insatlling 2005 update?
Date: August 14, 2005 10:17PM
Posted by: darrenj
I have a friend I gave my GP3-2000 game to as a gift, he has a pretty old PC and a telephone modem connection and does no delve in the intricies of patching copying and and updating the game as most of us do.
I would like to know if there is a simple self extracting update with very little instructions ai can download and burn on a CD and mail to him "snail mail"
I have not played GP3 for soem years when I did try to upgrade the game to 2005 some months ago I kindah F***K things up pretty well. NOw all he sees are half invisable cars are bare rolling chassis.

any help please...

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
Re: 2005 self extracting self insatlling 2005 update?
Date: August 16, 2005 07:38PM
well ?
Is this a stupid question or something?

Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
There are no stupid questions....

But I guess the answer is no.

I have one of my installations set up for the 2005 season and I guess I could create a self extracting file and send it along. I'm a bit busy with some other (important) things right now but if you have the patience to wait a week or so....

It would only be cars, cockpits, helmets, a basic perf file, pitcrews, pitboxes maybe. Won't be any tracks, perhaps I could sort out the tyres too.

(This would all be material I have downloaded and not created, so maybe there is a leeching issue. Then again, I'm not passing it off as my own. However, it's a collaboration of various authors and I wouldn't have a clue which work belongs to who. Just shout if this bothers any of you.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Re: 2005 self extracting self insatlling 2005 update?
Date: August 18, 2005 11:33PM
HEY this sounds great already
my friend is running the game on an 800mhz p3 with 256mbram and a TNT riva card!

So the basics are good!

If any body on this fourm complain I willt ake the slack
this will not be for sale or @#$%&
just to give my F1 crazy friend living in the boonies!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy