Editing GP3 causes game to lock up?

Posted by geekrock82 
Editing GP3 causes game to lock up?
Date: July 24, 2005 12:40AM
Posted by: geekrock82
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on a problem I'm having, if anyone else might have had it before.

I've installed GP3 on my machine, and without any additions made to it (patches, editing, whatever) it works absolutely fine. Runs sweet as a nut. Niet problemski.

However, I've bolted on all the usual addons - 1.13 patch, NOCD EXE for editing, and so on, and exported an old carset I'd made some time ago (when I had it on a different PC some years back) to test it out. Unfortunately, when I go into a race, the game locks up. It doesn't lock up straight away, though - if you do a quickrace with a car at the front of the grid, it will lock up once two or three cars get past. Either that or if you attempt to change the camera view in any way, or switch to a different car's view, it will just lock up completely.

Does anyone know if there's a glitch in GP3edit that might be causing this? Like I say, it's weird that the game runs fine without editing, but goes messed up when I import my own graphics into it.

My system specs are as follows (although I doubt they should matter as the game runs fine unedited) :

IBM T23 laptop
Windows XP Professional, SP1
PIII 1.13GHz
1.00 GB of RAM
S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXC 1014

EDIT : Oh, and I tried exporting a different season package, downloaded from here, to see if that caused the same problem, and it did...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2005 12:41AM by geekrock82.
Re: Editing GP3 causes game to lock up?
Date: July 24, 2005 03:37AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Was the old computer XP?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy