Question about Belini jams/pit order

Posted by St.Hubbins 
Question about Belini jams/pit order
Date: June 26, 2005 05:28AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
I am trying to perfect a 2005 season on GP3 2000, and currently have all the required graphics (except Red Bull pitcrew, but that isn't important right now.) So within the game the teams/drivers are in the correct order, ie. Ferrari, BAR, Renault, Williams, McLaren, etc. But I noticed that using the Belini pitbox, canopy and timebox jams the pit order does not correspond with the graphics.

Starting at Melbourne (Belini 2005 version) I edited the jam files so that everything was in place. Great, I thought, so I looked next at Sepang but alas!, canopies were correct but pitboxes and timeboxes were wrong (Williams where Ferrari should be, all others out of place too...) Worse still, When I checked Barcelona the order was different again (this time the Jordan graphics were next to the Ferrari car and pitcrew, this time also including the Jordan canopy).

I checked the track editor to ensure each of the 5 completed 2005 tracks were using the same jams and they were, so why am I seeing almost random pit graphics from one track to the next? Is the pit order set in GPxPatch overridden by something somewhere in the track file? Also, what is the difference between "2005_pitbox1.jam" and "2005_pitbox1r.jam"? All five tracks call on the latter only as far as I can see, jams 13-18 inclusive in the list shown in TE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Re: Question about Belini jams/pit order
Date: June 26, 2005 05:55AM
Posted by: belini
if there's an "r" after the pitbox/timbox/canopy jams, it means the pitbox
order is reversed, suzuka for example reversed the pitbox order in 2001,
indy in 2002.

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: June 26, 2005 07:11AM
Thanks for that :)

Also, I'm not sure if I am cross eyed or just plain stupid, but I rechecked the jams in TE and only Melbourne uses the "r" jams, Sepang, Bahrain and Imola don't. So I guess I need now to readjust the 'non-"r"' jams....

Barcelona2005 uses 2004 canopy, pitbox and timebox jams, was this an oversight?

One way or another it explains the very random graphics I was seeing in Spain. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: June 27, 2005 03:08PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Barcelona2005 uses 2004 canopy, pitbox and timebox
> jams, was this an oversight?

oops, yep my mistake

regarding the reverse pitbox, I just checked all the tracks

melbourne montreal all versions use reverse pitbox

suzuka from 2001
indy from 2002

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Date: June 27, 2005 04:32PM
I relocated the jams for Barcelona in TE so that 2005 jams were used, reinserted magic data and all seems well except that the sector points now don't work correctly. The first sector is just before the final double right corners, and there is no second sector point. According to TE and also CMagic2000 the sector points are where they should be (774, 1639)... any idea what is going on here? For reasons such as this I have always shied away from experimenting with TE, and as such am rather inexperienced. Maybe I am missing something.

Date: June 27, 2005 07:57PM
St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I relocated the jams for Barcelona in TE so that
> 2005 jams were used, reinserted magic data and all
> seems well except that the sector points now don't
> work correctly. The first sector is just before
> the final double right corners, and there is no
> second sector point. According to TE and also
> CMagic2000 the sector points are where they should
> be (774, 1639)... any idea what is going on here?
> For reasons such as this I have always shied away
> from experimenting with TE, and as such am rather
> inexperienced. Maybe I am missing something.

I'll try and explain

I use a set of text tools that were created for me for writing to dat,
gpxpatch actually understands both hex and plain text, I write sector
points in plain text, the TE looks at the gp3info and converts this
as if it's a binary number, hence the high numbers.

there's two methods to return the split points, I always have split point
lines on the track so you could locate tham in the TE to find the sector
points.

2nd method is to use a hex converter, for split points gpxpatch uses raw hex
so if you put in the value for split one as decimal 774, you get a raw hex
of 0306 and for split 2 decimal = 1639 gives a value of 0667.

so barcelona split 1=306 split=667

pk

[www.belini.fsnet.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy