Slow GP3

Posted by Red Sam 
Slow GP3
Date: June 09, 2005 02:18AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Hi Guys!

I have recently got back into GP3, and have played well for the last couple of weeks.

However, today, the game has been even slower to load than normal, the game is very jerky when playing, and a watch on the Processer Occupancy shows it at no less than 150%, often over 250%

Any idea whats happened?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: Slow GP3
Date: June 09, 2005 03:28AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Maybe you have Anisotropic filtering or Anti Aliasing turned on by your card - turn this off if so.

H E L L O
Date: June 09, 2005 04:55PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
programs running in the background?
Date: June 09, 2005 08:35PM
Posted by: Sapo
Specs?
Date: June 10, 2005 01:19AM
Posted by: Fincent
I noticed this happening when I first installed GP3-2000...I noticed a massive slowdown...I eventually found out the prblem and it was that the sound settings were on full and my rather modest pc (pent II 500mhz) couldnt handle all the different sounds at once. I checked "original gp3 sound" and everything returned to normal. Hope this helps :)

-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: June 10, 2005 11:59AM
Posted by: NickKK
Yeah GP3 basically runs on the processor so if your processor isn't too fast it will suffer.

Date: June 10, 2005 01:23PM
thanks guys!

I will try those ideas - just played it again and the game runs ok-ish until another car comes into view, then back to stuttering.

No programs running, and the processor has coped before..... random i guess!

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 10, 2005 01:45PM
UPDATE:

I removed the new deskop background that I put on before the problems started, and now the game runs fine!

How strange... :)

RedSam

Date: June 10, 2005 08:04PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Its probably the desktop background then!
Date: June 10, 2005 11:40PM
Posted by: Fincent
I wonder what background the pc might not agree with....lol, do you have any proxy settings Redsam? :P

jk jk
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: June 11, 2005 05:53PM
Posted by: Sapo
Wallpapers and screensavers can ask a lot of your processor, so it is not unlogical it is your background.
Date: June 12, 2005 02:05AM
it was a big pic that resized itself to fit the screen - i think i ate too much space ;)

RedSam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy