Using a modelling program for GP3-2000

Posted by Fincent 
Using a modelling program for GP3-2000
Date: June 08, 2005 11:42PM
Posted by: Fincent
I've been thinking about it for a while and thought I'd be best of asking on here n stuff so here goes...Basically, it came to me in the shower one day (as most good ideas usually do) and I had this idea of using a 3d modelling program (eg. ZModeler) to display cars and get renders and stuff like its currently done for gp4. Does anyone reckon its a possibility or just another scrunched up piece of paper destined for the bin? lol

What made me think of this is some reading I was doing the other day on how ZModeler is currently used for gp4...the carshape is either imported or exported from of the game and then textures n skins n stuff placed ontop of it. My logic goes that GP3-2000 also has carshapes and textures so therefore it should be possible aswell. I think it'd be pretty useful so we can get a better aspect of the game and it could be rlly useful for teamart n stuff..or maybe just for people who like to make a display of things, lol.

Please let me know whether you think this can actually be done :).
-Fincent

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Using a modelling program for GP3-2000
Date: June 08, 2005 11:50PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
You can see the carshape with software textures by using CarEditor and the texture.cfg file.
It´s buggy, but it's enough I think.
Date: June 09, 2005 12:21AM
Posted by: Fincent
I use that method sometimes but like you say, its buggy (patches of texture missing) and its software only :(. I know that it is possible to do it already with careditor but the results arent very good really...I'd be willing to spend a lot of time in a modelling program fixing bugs and getting HW txtures working but I need to know if you guys think its actually possible. :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: June 09, 2005 02:34AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
I don't know :)
But it would be useful, sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy