Are there any downloads to make the game more realistic???

Posted by eclap 
I'd love to have a safety car, stop&go penalties, warm-up laps before the race etc.... Is there any way to get those things??
In Short no: It is also very unlikly, no make that impossible, that you will every get these. It is because they require (i think) fundamental sections of code change within the game, and as no1 on here to my knowledge does game coding as a living and thus has access to the software required to manipulate the game coding we will unfortunatly never see this. I Fully agree with you though, would be nice, but like Norwich City staying in the premiership, you have to accept it wont really happen (though norwich staying up bloody well might)

Quote of The Week: "Rearrange these words: Fuk and Off. No Sorry, Off, Fuk" (Attrib: Me)

Music Track of the week: Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Yeah it is a bit of a pisser allright but it'll never happen. We'll have to wait for Grand Prix 5 ;-)
Will there be a GP5? Been a few years since 4
Aren't you the maker of the track editor for Gp4, harjinator?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Err, no. Wish I was tho, there's money to be made!!
Maybe not but theres always hope! :)
I may quote my siggy from Ye Aulde Phorum: NO HOPE = NO FEAR.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Vades, that'd be Lo2k :p

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
GP5 will be a long way off, lads. Sony have the exclusive rights to make F1 games until around 2008 (might be 2006), so GP5 is still a long way off even if there is another one made.

Sorry to dampen anyones spirits
taintee, unfortunatly it is 2008. Also Infrogames (Publisher) has not offered Geoff Crammond (Coder/Programer) a deal to make GP5.

This is disapointing cause Geoff said at the launch of GP2 that every time the game wud get more realistic and that GP5 (The final OnE) Would be the ultimate game complete with editors if computers could sustain it at the time.

But unfortunatly i dont think we'll be seeing this in a hurray :(

Quote of The Week: "Rearrange these words: Fuk and Off. No Sorry, Off, Fuk" (Attrib: Me)

-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vades, that'd be Lo2k :p
>

I know. It was just some sort of an ironic reply to the question "Will there be a GP5? Been a few years since 4".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
drive through penalties are possible in theory for gp3
in theory having a car that farts in gp3 on each gear change is possible (inserting a sound for gear upchange) can't c anyone doing it though

1. learn to program
2. learn asm
3. ask madman nicely for advice and gp4tweaker as a base
4. make gp3 tweaker :P
If GP4 is anything to go by, GP5 would need a Pentium 6 (which would probably be around by then) and a graphics carde the size of a house.
There will never be a GP5.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
You're probably right, I read a while ago that Geoff was working on a stunt car racer or summat.

We should gather our best modders and coders and do it ourselves! (I can't help though, unless autoCAD or MS PwrPoint are involved)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy