Grand Prix 3 1.13 - How can I make it run faster

Posted by James 
Grand Prix 3 1.13 - How can I make it run faster
Date: August 05, 2004 07:37AM
Posted by: James
Hi, I have GP3 1.13 and I run it on a 1ghz laptop. It runs quite well but when there are for or five cars in the one frame it tends to slow down. Is there anything I can do to make the game run quicker in either Hardware or Software modes (eg: download trackside objects of lesser quality).

Also is there a Grand Prix 3 1.13 resolution editor which allows you to pick your own resolution? eg: 900*660
Re: Grand Prix 3 1.13 - How can I make it run faster
Date: August 05, 2004 10:43AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
You could set your draw distances to closer, there is a point (use gpxpatch) where the cars switch from full details to 2d bitmaps, though its fairly unnoticeable, like the LODs in GP4. If you set them to convert to the 2d things earlier, the cpu and grasphics card will have an easier time of it.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 05, 2004 04:23PM
Posted by: eclap
What is your RCR distance setting???
Date: August 06, 2004 07:06AM
Posted by: James
how can i find that out
Date: August 06, 2004 09:59AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Its in GPx Patch - uunder one of the tabs - the smaller the number, the easier time yoour pc has of it

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 06, 2004 11:06AM
Posted by: eclap
What is it then??? Mine is under 4000 since I'm playing the game on an oldish PC (PIII 500, 256MB RAM, TNT2 M64)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy