GP3 Vs Radeon 9600XT

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
GP3 Vs Radeon 9600XT
Date: July 25, 2004 02:18AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Ok, I know this has been mentioned before. I did a search, it just didn't find anything amazingly useful.

I've got a 1.7Ghz machine with a 9600XT and GP3 runs crap. Also, every time I load the game it does that "do you want to calibrate the graphics on this machine" message. Any ideas?

BTW, tis been a while since I've been in this forum. Anything else dramatic changed in the last 3 months or so?
Re: GP3 Vs Radeon 9600XT
Date: July 25, 2004 12:36PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Ralphi had this problem....I think it must be to do with the radeon being a dx9 card, and not liking certain 'old' games. One thing I do know for sure: GP3 HATES AA and AF, so make sure they're disabled in your graphics drivers, as it makes gp3 run terribly.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 25, 2004 11:58PM
already turned AA and AF off to make GP4 run a bit faster. What about setting up another partition with another windows install (98?) and running dx8 and older drivers?
Date: July 26, 2004 04:06PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I suppose it might work....but then again it may not, and you've wasted a weekend :(

I also don't tink that the 9600xt has any dx8 drivers, cos its a newer card than dx8. But I dont have a radeon, so I dont know (tho will on friday...9700 pro baby!)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 27, 2004 01:50AM
Hmm..maybe I should just switch back to the onboard graphics system that I used before I got the Radeon. GP3 seemed to work fine under that...of course it was the only game that worked under onboard grpahics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy