Network championship play

Posted by mikkel-gcf 
Network championship play
Date: June 17, 2004 07:45PM
Posted by: mikkel-gcf
Hi I'm new here!!

I really play GP3 and GP4 a lot, I think they are great games. GP4 has great realism but I play GP3 more because of editting, gameplay and easier network play.

But I have encountered a problem with GP3 and I can't solve it, I'v nosed around the internet and this forum, but found nothinh about it...

Hopefully you guys can help me out!!
I'm playing with a network-link between laptop and pc (tcp/ip)...all working fine..wanted to do a championship season now, everything okay, saving the game after race 1 (we both had to do that) and that also went okay...so far so good.
next day we wanted to start race 2, so linked up, connected via GP3, now we both needed to load the game...Player 1 loaded the game: "Game loaded"-message shows, but then the screen freezes, after a minute or so the other computer loses connection... Can someone help me out?!!? is this a common problem or something...

Also a small and quick question? Is it possible to play with KM/H instead op M/PH?

Thanx in advance!!!
Mikkel
Re: Network championship play
Date: June 17, 2004 07:51PM
Posted by: Vader
No idea about netweork playing.

mph - km/h:

main menu -> workshop -> utilities -> menu setup -> use metric units.

(I don't hope JackiMatra comes in now and telly me how irrelevant my post is. ;))

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 17, 2004 09:14PM
thanks, the kilometers fly around the screen now!! :)

btw, when playing network with GPx (latest version) the speed traps don't work and in qualifying the times only update after visiting the pits and after exiting and returning to cockpit...It's a shame, so you can't watch the other player on "television"...

on the championship-thing...I'm now playing it with all non-championship races behind each other and saving the text files...then putting it in GPCareer counting the scores...with these problems one gets creative hehe...
Date: June 18, 2004 02:18PM
does someona recognise this problem? please help me out...
Date: June 18, 2004 03:19PM
Posted by: X_Acto
I try two years ago a network championship, but i didn't used GPxPatch.

Maybe you could try it that way.

P.S: In that time i used the original game without any add-ons.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy