Posted by ayazyounis 
tcam in gp3
Date: May 19, 2004 12:21AM
Posted by: ayazyounis
howd you get it? pressed everything and i cant get tcam
Re: tcam in gp3
Date: May 19, 2004 12:29AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
I did a 2004 carshape that features new onboard camera angles (with t-cam). Try it :)

See ya
Date: May 19, 2004 03:05PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"howd you get it? pressed everything and i cant get tcam"

There isn't one in the game originally.
You have to change onboard camera positions with the GP3 Car Editor.
Date: May 19, 2004 09:58PM
Posted by: Petrol Head
As Supersonic suggessted, u can use his car shape. I downloaded his excellent work, exported it using CarEditor, then u cycle thru the views when in the game.

works a treat....

By the way, is there a way for changing the gp3.exe using CarEditor?
Date: May 20, 2004 08:56AM
"u can use his car shape"

That didn't really answer his question, and, just maybe, he isn't interested in using a 2004 F1 carshape. I know that this is likely incomprehensible to many, but there are more than a few people that are interested in something other than the current F1 season.

"is there a way for changing the gp3.exe using CarEditor?"

I was somehow under the impression that that was what the CarEditor did with regards to various aspects of the carshape and onboard cameras.
Date: May 20, 2004 10:33PM
@ JackiMatra

I think it is generally assumed that people want to keep up to date with the seasons, besides he didnt exactly specify which season car shape he was after either.

As for my CarEditor question, I wanted to know if you cud change the gp3.exe to gp3v.exe (the added extra replay time, so u can race with the new view as well).

Hope this is more comprehensible to others
Date: May 21, 2004 07:56AM
Rafa's GP3Video makes a copy of the gp3.exe named gp3v.exe which is identical to the gp3.exe except for the different video capability and the inability to save and replay hotlaps or to save games other than replays, so any changes, such as a new carshape or changes to onboard cameras, are also applied to the new gp3v.exe that GP3Video creates.

... So, if you change the carshape or onboard car cameras in the gp3.exe with the GP3CarEditor and then run GP3Video, you will then have the new carshape or onboard car cameras in your new gp3v.exe.

"I think it is generally assumed that people want to keep up to date with the seasons"

You're supporting what I said. You're automatically assuming that he wanted only the latest "season". and you apparently also are assuming that "season" can only apply to F1, totally disregarding all of the Le Mans, Caterham, CART, IRL, Formula Ford, F3, F3000, Formula Nippon, BOSS, and Telefonica series cars and "seasons" that we have for GP3.
Date: May 22, 2004 02:37AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Well, as everybody else seems not too keen to actually help....

You can edit the camera positions in GP3 Edit...

Set the following...

X = 0
Y = -255
Z = 165
Direction = 0
Pitch = -10
Roll = 0

That should get you somewhere near close to what you want, then you can fine tune the settings to your own requirements.

Just a note to explain the above, although this maybe slightly inaccurate, but it should help to a degree:

X is the camera position in relation to the centre of the car from left to right. Imagine sitting in the cockpit, a negative number will move the position to the left while a positive number will move to the right. Naturally 0 is in the centre.

Y is the camera position from the front of the car. 0 will be level with the very front and any negative number will move the camera further towards the back of the car. So the setting -255 is approximately level with the rear of the cockpit.

Z reffers to the height where 0 is at gound level. The higher the number the higher the camera, hence the setting 165 gives a height roughly at the top of the airbox.

Direction is simply the direction the camera faces. 0 is directly forward, numbers up to 180 move the camera clockwise an equal number of degrees while a negative number will move the camera counter-clockwise in the same way. Although I haven't tried it I would assume that 180 and -180 give the same result, ie. the camera will face directly backwards.

Pitch is the angle at which the camera will be facing up or down. For the T-Cam view you want the camera pointing slightly down, hence the setting is a negative number, -10. You could have a nice view of the sky by setting a camer to 180. :)

Roll is the angle at which the camera will lean over. Again the obvious setting here is 0. A setting of 90 will see the camera sat on its side, set it to 180 and you can drive upside down ;)

Damned if I can be bothered to mess around with the other settings available - Detail and Detail 2, and also the 'Unknowns' which remain unknown to me, not that I had ever bothered playing with camera settings until about 20 minutes ago so that's hardly surprising.

See Ya!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: May 22, 2004 02:43AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Petrol Head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> besides he
> didnt exactly specify which season car shape he
> was after either.....

He never specified that he was after a carshape at all. He never specified anything other than wanting to be able to use a T-cam view; no carshapes, no season sets, no physics files, no menu artwork, no performance files, no damage coefficients, nothing at all in fact other than the t-cam. So why do you presume that he (goddamn it could be a she for all I know, I'll stop presuming myself) would be seeking the latest this or that?

Promoting your own work, or work of others in the community is fine, but there is a place for that and then there is a place for actually trying to help by answering the questions that were asked. Perhaps you should enter politics :P
Date: May 22, 2004 05:04AM
I told him about my shape because it has new onboard camera angles that FIT the shape.
You are too stressed.

See ya
Date: May 25, 2004 11:07PM
Thank you Supersonic.

To all the other users....I dont know Supersonic personally, but I'm sure he (or she), is a terrific guy (or gal), whose work oozes quality, and was the first (and perhaps only) user to help me out.

I'm niether in to politics or promoting someones work for nothing. Perhaps if others wud have answered my question, I wud have led him/her in their direction as well.

anyway, I hope the user has got what he/she wanted.
Date: May 27, 2004 01:42PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I downloaded ur carshape supersonic - great shape!!

I normally drive older seasons but thought id try the 2004 one (with ur 2003 shape) and its good fun :)
Date: June 05, 2004 06:03AM
Posted by: Hova
Okay guys, since the GP3 Edit does not work for GP3 2000, how would I go about enabling the tcam for GP3 2000?

I have tried using the GP3 car editor, but every time I click on the camera to edit it, the editor crashes. Its getting really annoying.

Can someone export then upload their cameras please? I cannot do anything with Paul's programs, they all just crash a lot.

Edit: no matter, I downloaded supersonic's carset, and copied the cams in the zip into the game, over the original cars. Thanks!

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2004 07:40AM by Hova.
Ah, nuts.
Date: June 05, 2004 08:06AM
When I use the tcam for the original cars that came with the game in GP3 2000, I get no mirrors. Great.

Disregard the arrow and box, its for another question I had.

---------------------

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Sorry to bump the thread, but @SuperSonic
Date: June 07, 2004 04:59PM
SuperSonic, can you increase the angle of view for your tcam? It seems a bit low, and everytime I try to increase the angle, the car editor crashes.

---------------------

Date: June 08, 2004 01:06AM
What do you mean exactly?
You want a different camera position (heigth) or just wanna change its angle (to look more upwards or downwards)?

See ya
Date: June 08, 2004 01:26AM
To look a bit more upwards.

---------------------

Date: June 08, 2004 02:56AM
Posted by: Briere
try these values :

X = 0
Y = -125
Z = 155
Dir = 0
Pitch = -20
Roll = 0
Detail 1 = 12840
Detail 2 = 12840
Unknown 1 = 300
Unknown 2 = 300

I recommend you to use GP3 edit for editing the onboard cams :)
Date: June 08, 2004 02:36PM
GP3 Edit doesn't work on GP3 2000 does it? Thats the game I play mostly.

If I can find a way to edit the values without opening the car editor, it would make things much easier.

Paul's editor (which the only thing it does do properly is crash) exports the cameras to a CAM file. When I do try to use the car editor to edit the camera values, as soon as I click on the value, the editor crashes. Is there a way to edit that without using the car editor?

---------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2004 03:52PM by Hova.
Date: June 09, 2004 03:37AM
For Gp3-2000, I don't know.
In the weekend I'll try to make a new file for you, it won't take so much time.

See ya
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy