Lowering Surfers Paradise PO

Posted by Hova 
Lowering Surfers Paradise PO
Date: June 04, 2004 04:40AM
Posted by: Hova
Would removing the fans and people beside the track walls help any? I can't seem to find a way to lower the PO.

---------------------
Quote: Joey

I think Bush will win. I also think that when he does, I will start looking at properies in other parts of this world. Kerry's campaign has been so inept. Despite the fact that people are now held in police custody without ever being charged, 2 million people have lost jobs, the rest of the world hates America, and the line between church and state has never been blurrier, this whole ****ing election is about semantics and John Kerry being a flip-flopper. Americans are ****ing morons, and the Democrats running campaign are among this group.
Re: Lowering Surfers Paradise PO
Date: June 04, 2004 04:48AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I'd remove the catch fences, first.
They're a major processor hog in GP3.
You can just replace their jam files with "blank" ones.

Other than that, the Surfer's Paradise high PO is very mostly likely due to all of those tall buildings. You'll probably find that your PO is highest when a lot of them are coming into view. They're probably the next thing that you would want to get rid of.
Date: June 04, 2004 12:31PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
It uses .bmps for the scenery doesnt it? is there a way to reduce the size of the .jam files (ie in kb - like bmp -> jpg)?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 04, 2004 01:23PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
knowing absolutely nothing but i would think that the game couldnt read the files then qwerty, if its in bmp form

but worth a try :o
Date: June 04, 2004 05:41PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
They're bmp files that are then compressed into jam files, which is what the game reads.

I know that GP3 cannot have jam files that were bmp files that are any larger than 256 pixels in width. In fact, I am under the strong impression that all the GP3 jam files are compressed from bmp files that are all precisely 256 pixels in width, so it may be that GP3 can only handle bmp/jam files of exactly this width.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy