I need help to update!!!!!

Posted by brazilian racer 
I need help to update!!!!!
Date: June 01, 2004 05:18AM
Posted by: brazilian racer
Hi, I´m new in the forum...

I need help to update my gp3 to 2004 version (cars, teams, rules), can anybody help me???

Thanks
Re: I need help to update!!!!!
Date: June 01, 2004 10:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ok lets start.

First make sure to download the official GP3 Patch 1.13 from here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Ok now you want to get GPxPatch from here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

Now you have the basics installed, before we get the revelant season however you also want to download GP3 Edit from here [www.grandprixgames.org]

---

2004 Season

tracks

Basically you can get updates on all the tracks out there and the readme files will tell you how to install them. Get 2003 or 2004 updates for the tracks from here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

You may also want bahrain. I suggest you get Belini's version (which is very good) which you can get here: [homepage.ntlworld.com]

That sorts out the tracks. Just a note that gp3 cannot be edited to take 17 tracks but only 15, so you will have to not have two tracks from this season!

Cars

After a bit of searching i found the Play's 2004 cars were the best. Although the server is a bit slow, i suggest you download all the carsets up to the latest one from his site which is: [www.grandprix3.pspu.ru]

If that is too slow for you then u can download a carset from grandprixgames site.

To install that you will need to use gp3edit and its very easy to use.

You now want a carshape for the 2004 season. I suggest you use the Generic 2003 season carshape by Apfonseca, or Mario B. Jr. However Mario B. Jr's one has a very wierd cockpit with large mirrors which u may find strange, so i suggest you get Apfonseca's which u can find here: [download.grandprixgames.org]

Installation instructions are included.

----

Thats basically your season, as you may have noticed we cannot race with all the 2004 rules and in gp3 we cannot get rid of the arrows team so you will notice that the carset u downloaded will have a replacement (in this case it is a f3000 team). [edit] check werty's post below this one, u can race with 2004 quali rules ;)

Thats all for now, *rests hands ;)*

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2004 11:09AM by ChrisB.
Date: June 01, 2004 10:55AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Awww, ain't that kind :)

You can use GPxPatch to get the 2004 qually rules though - just set number of laps to 3 okay, you dont get the first lot, but no one watches those anyway :p)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 01, 2004 11:08AM
oops yeah fogot about that ;-)
Date: June 01, 2004 02:55PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"Just a note that gp3 cannot be edited to take 17 tracks but only 15, so you will have to not have two tracks from this season!"

Several years on, and this point keeps being mis-stated, only now instead of supposedly only allowing 16 race seasons at most, GP3 has been reduced to allowing only 15 race seasons.

You can have as long a season with as many races as you want in GP3, and such has long been the case for a number of years, since the very first release of GPxPatch.

To do this, you will need GPxPatch and either some very basic arithmetic skills or Paddock Championship Editor.

Here's how you accomplish this allegedly "impossible" task:

1.Run a season consistintg of the first 16 races.
2.Record the results of this 16 race season somewhere.
3.In the GPxTrack tab of GPxPatch, edit the track set that you are using to replace the first "x" number of tracks with the additional tracks necessary for the remaining races of your season, or simply load another "trackset" with the necessary tracks.
4a.Run another season with the remaining tracks.
5a.Add together the results of the two seasons.
4b.Use Paddock Championship Editor to edit the standings, at the start of the other season with the remaining tracks, to be the same as the standings at the end of the first 16 races.
5b.Run another season with the remaining tracks.
Date: June 01, 2004 04:43PM
yes ok 16 tracks i admit i got that wrong.

And i know there is that way around it, but that isnt the same and adding stuff etc just takes away from the feel of an actual championship, you have to admit.
Date: June 01, 2004 05:24PM
Definately - I wanna see the champ winning movie, not some editor telling me that once the points are added up for all seasons, I won :|

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: June 01, 2004 05:42PM
"adding stuff etc just takes away from the feel of an actual championship, you have to admit."

You can only have a 16 race .... , oops, so sorry, make that a 17 race season in GP3-2000, which means that you can't do a 2004 F1 season or any recent CART season in GP3-2000, either, which then obviously "just takes away from the feel of an actual championship, you have to admit".

"Definately - I wanna see the champ winning movie, not some editor telling me that once the points are added up for all seasons, I won"

Okay, fine.
Then just put your additional races at the end of the schedule, instead of the beginning, use Paddock Championship Editor, and you'll get to watch your movie.

P.S. Double click on any of the movie files in the game folder and you can watch them as often and anytime that you wish, for that matter."
Date: June 01, 2004 05:51PM
Ahhh, but its not the same is it?? The sense of acheivement after winning 100% on ace level.....

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: June 01, 2004 07:09PM
"Ahhh, but its not the same is it?? The sense of acheivement after winning 100% on ace level....."

?????

Okay, fine.
Then just put your additional races at the end of the schedule, instead of the beginning, use Paddock Championship Editor, and you'll get to watch your movie, even "after winning 100% on ace level".
Date: June 01, 2004 11:06PM
lmao, but its just not the same!
Date: June 02, 2004 12:33AM
damn right! :D

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: June 02, 2004 12:40AM
"lmao, but its just not the same ..."

...and you can do no better with GP3-2000 for either this 2004 F1 season, or the last 2003 F1 season, or for any recent CART season. In fact, following your line of reasoning, GP3 with it's "16 race season" is obviously superior to GP3-2000 with its "17 race season" as 16 races was the length of the 2003 F1 season, and F1 seasons earlier than 1999 overwhlemingly consisted of 16 or fewer races.
Date: June 02, 2004 10:19PM
doesnt matter, theres a difference of opinion, i think what qwerty and me mean is that it feels much nicer to do what the game was meant to do, regardless whether u are missing one race or not. The fact that its more "complete".
Date: June 03, 2004 12:42AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Hahahaha,

But if you just want to do what the game was meant to do, and if everybody else felt exactly the same way then there would be no editors at all, no additional tracks or carsets, no anything.

I kinda see your point...... sort of, but it's quite a miserable argument really.

Oh well, this thread gave me some amusement :)

BOOOIIINNNGG

"Time for bed", said Zebedee.

:)
Date: June 03, 2004 01:50AM
Miserable? Not at all! All we're saying is that there's a greater sense of acheivement in completeing the game 'in game', not through an editor or whatever. I'm no purist - my gp3 is packed full of modifications!

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: June 03, 2004 07:28AM
Posted by: brazilian racer
Thanks guys for the explication......
My prblem was: I didn´t was instaled the pacth.

Bye
Date: June 03, 2004 11:07AM
lol oh yeah about the thread, well glad its sorted.

Damn right mines also full of mods too, but as werty said. you know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy