Slow in race-trim!

Posted by Kaps 
Slow in race-trim!
Date: March 08, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: Kaps
Ever since re-installing the game I have this strange problem.
It's all OK in qualifying, at the start of the race I'm also fast enough and usually gain places. Throughout the 1st lap I'm as fast as AI, but from lap 2 I'm getting slower and slower for no obvious reason! What I mean is that I keep more or less the same pace, but the AI actually seems to get faster and faster and I can't keep up with them any longer. It's the same with all tracks and carsets. What could possibly cause that? I don't remember this being the case before re-installment. Help, please
Re: Slow in race-trim!
Date: March 10, 2004 03:07PM
Seems that I'm alone with this problem...
Date: March 10, 2004 04:40PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
If the tyre wear in the magic data is correct, then the AI should get faster as the race progresses because their fuel load decreases and lightens their cars while their tryes don't wear as quickly to compensate for this. Why this shouldn't also happen with your car, I'm afraid that I cannot say, as I am not the one to corraborate that you are not alone with this problem.
Date: March 14, 2004 12:53PM
Posted by: The Lopper
You didn't loose a wheel at the first corner by any chance?;)

Date: March 14, 2004 03:14PM
Yeah, all 4 of them!
Date: March 15, 2004 12:13PM
Well, I tried to test so I drove with 1980 set in Kyalami. In qualifying i did a 1:12:08 lap with Tyrrell-Cosworth which was good enough to put me in 6th position at start. Then , in the race my fastest lap was 1:13:42, which was 20th fastest race lap (out of 22)! And it's like that ever since I re-installed the game. The AI cars are doing almost the same times in race as they did in qualifying, only I can't do that. What the f*** is goin' on?

What are the main differencies between race & qualifying set-up, apart from ride-heights?
Date: March 15, 2004 03:03PM
Your performance files don't have very high race values do they? Otherwise I can't think of anything. How long are the races?

Date: March 16, 2004 12:02PM
You mean the driver performance values for qualifying and for the race, right? Actually, the performance values are higher for race than for qualifying, and come to think of it, this may be at least part of the problem. But, what puzzles me is that it wasn't a problem before re-installing. I'll look into this, and if nothing would change again, another re-installment might be in store...

The races are 20%, just for testing purposes.
Date: March 16, 2004 02:55PM
Weird. Can't understand that at all. It might be some problem with the track file or something, but I really can't say. Maybe you could try asking around in the GP4 forum, more people use it.

Date: March 16, 2004 03:37PM
Nah, I don't believe many of them play GP3 at all.
Still, thank you for trying to help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy