More GP3 problems with XP

Posted by Daf42 
More GP3 problems with XP
Date: March 12, 2004 05:18PM
Posted by: Daf42
I don't know if it is a problem with XP or just a GP3 problem, but I reinstalled GP3 after having some problems after upgrading from 98SE. It now runs really well. Im using a 2003 carset (I forget who's) and all the other cars are faster than me! I can only hit about 180 aroung Monza in the Williams while the minardis are doing 210! It work fine before, anyone know whats up?

\"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 19
Re: More GP3 problems with XP
Date: March 12, 2004 08:04PM
Posted by: Briere
how about your setup ? ^o)

Date: March 13, 2004 04:36AM
I thought about that, but if the game has just been installed and Im running on the standard tracks all the set ups should be default shouldn't they?

\"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 19
Date: March 13, 2004 06:14AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Should be, but computers are crazy once in a while. Make sure you have something like 1 or 2 on the rear wing, and about 6 on the front. Lengthen your gears so that 6th gear is around 62 then try again. If you still have the same problem then perhaps the carset you are using has some strange bhp values, which you can adjust in GP3 Edit (set them to something like 800bhp, lower for the slower cars if you use car power team dependant.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 13, 2004 06:32AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
The best way to have close and fair racing in gp3 is to use the game without any modifications, at ace level, using a good setup (better if the wing setup is the same that cc's use - for Monza it's 6 in the rear, but I'm not sure). It gives lots of fun in a 100% qual/race.

My opinion:
If you want to update the game to current situation, just do it as good as possible (advanced editing), otherwise you'll have performance problems.

See ya
Date: March 13, 2004 06:42AM
Im using a 2003 car set, which used to work fine. The bhp is about 825 for the Williams in the race. Today I managed to set the third fastest time around Imola, but still a second off the pace. I think it might have fixed itself, but Im not sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy