Can you help me ??

Posted by terrybeul 
Can you help me ??
Date: July 13, 2003 06:13AM
Posted by: terrybeul
Hello, i got a big problem !!

The file DATA 3.CAB does'nt exist on my cd game.

Can you tell me how to do to find it, because the game can't be installed without this file.
Thank you
Re: Can you help me ??
Date: July 13, 2003 06:58AM
Posted by: Vader
Bonjour and welcome to the forum.

The obnoxious "Data3.cab" error again. Let me tell you, you are not the only one.

First of all "data3.cab" has nothing to do with the game itself. The same error occurs in other games as well (check google for more info). The reason for this error is a problem with the copy protection. It occurs when the CD ROM and the copy protection thingy do not coorporate.

If installation fails, remove all Gp3 related files from your HD, clean the windows/temp folder and search for Gp3 related registry entries and delete them.

Check if your CD is dirty and carefully clean it. Do not use any substances containing alcohol, acids or polishing particles. I use mild baby shampoo and warm water. I carefully dry the CDs with extra soft fuzz-free tissue papers.

If you are a heavy smoker or your CD drive is already old, it could also be a dirty lens. In this case you could try special cleaning CDs, on the long run, however, you should think about getting a new drive.

If your system is Gp3-free and the CD is clean you should be able to install Gp3.

If this does not work and you have two CD drives (a CD burner for example) try to run install from this drive.

Bonne chance et a bientôt.

Post Edited (07-13-03 14:02)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy