Hello, can you help me?

Posted by Daf42 
Hello, can you help me?
Date: June 03, 2003 10:43AM
Posted by: Daf42
Firstly Im new here, so hello to everyone.

Secondly Im going to be rude and ask a question straight away.

Ive been playing around with GP3 edit and decided to make a 1980's turbo era type car set, so I increased the horse power of all the cars. Every thing seems to have worked fine, except when I try to play. All the others cars are hitting 200mph quite happily but my car cant get 185! Why is this? Why cant I go as fast as the other cars? Can it be fixed?

Im sorry if some one else has asked the same question in the past, but can anyone help?

\"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 19
Re: Hello, can you help me?
Date: June 03, 2003 10:56AM
Posted by: Sauberfan
If you're using GP3Edit, try to go to the folder "Miscellaneous" and then click on "Car Power Team Dependant". I hope it will work.
Date: June 03, 2003 10:57AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Welcome, Daf42

Yes, go to GP3Edit and change the engine power

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: June 03, 2003 02:39PM
Thanks guys, I did that, and I checked the box in the GPxPatch but I still seem to be about 10-15mph slower down the straight, despite beeing in the car with the most horse power :S

\"My rights, my integrity, my very being as a car manufacturer, as an entrepreneur, as the leader of the Ferrari works team, simply cannot work under the enormous machine, the suffocating bureaucracy, of the Ford Motor Company.\"-Enzo Ferrari 19
Date: June 03, 2003 02:44PM
Posted by: Sauberfan
Do you have the same car setup ?
Date: June 03, 2003 05:02PM
Posted by: bazza
Try taking some rear wing off, and making the gear ratios longer.

Welcome, also, to our community. Be sure to check the other 3 forums, I'm sure you'll have a laugh.

Baz

Date: June 03, 2003 05:24PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Its strange. You ever tried setting a REALLY high bhp? The cc cars just zoom away, even if you have 0 wing and long gears. Just on acceleration alone, but their top speed is also higher by far.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 05, 2003 04:03AM
Yeah, thats exactly what happened to me!

Date: June 05, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I'm not sure you can change that.....maybe try CC car setup editor? stick a big wing value on their cars, raise ride height etc. Tho then they'll kick you thru the corners, with loads of grip. Its a catch 22. :/

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 05, 2003 08:05AM
Posted by: senninho
I always used to get the same problem in GP2, in fact - they'd always seem to have much better acceleration. In the end, i fixed it by using Paul Hoad's track editor, and decreased the cc car grip on each track

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy