GP3 FAQ's answered by me

Posted by Minardi4eva 
GP3 FAQ's answered by me
Date: May 23, 2003 07:53PM
Posted by: Minardi4eva
Q: I am trying to install a new carset for GP3. How do I do that?
A: Simple. Load your carset with GP3Edit, then press the button that has a GP3Edit logo with a green arrow pointing to it. Configure all the stuff you want to import and press start. It takes seconds, and then you are done!

Q: How do I use new tracks and make them look like they do in the previews?
A: First get GP3 Track Installer by ViperF1. Very good tool I must say. Load the ZIP file,not the DAT file with it and press export. Run it with GPxPatch and you are done!

Q:What is GPxPatch?
A:It is a tool made by Rene "SDI" Smit to "enhance" the experience of GP3 by allowing you to use new carshapes,tracks,skip intros,etc.

Q:When I load certain tracks,they freeze when they look like they are loaded, but others run fine. What is the problem?
A: Go to your Gp3jamsH folder and look in the folders where the tracks in question are. There may be a JIP file in that folder. That same JIP is required for Software mode ONLY! And if it is in the Hardware Folder your problems continue! Delete it! There is already a file just like that in your Gp3jams/(xxx)3jam folder.

Q:I run the newest version of GPxPatch with my GP3 but sometimes the game crashes when cars have a big pileup or slam to the ground after going nose up. Also,when I run the game at 1024 x 768 mode the game runs slow. Any way to correct this?
A: I had that same problem and the solution is to get an older version of GPxPatch like GPxPatch 1.31 or 2.21. They are built for GP3. The ones like GPxPatch 3.3x are suited more for GP4. Yes,there are less features with the older versions but they are more reliable. Trust me :-)

Q: Who makes the best carsets/carshapes?
A: Ralph Hummerich and Matthias Marquadt of course! They are experts in their 30's and made exceptional 1996 and 2000-2002 carsets! Jan Frischorn did the ones for 1997-2000, his are also da bomb! For Carshapes, look at Jouko Sarkinen. Yes his site is closed but you can get the carshapes from EMAC's site at [www.emacf1.com]. Nice works,very very nice works.

Q:Who does the best tracks?
A:I tried Ricardo Lampert's tracks and they are extemely well built. Also,Bruno Gourdo and Matti Latinen are good. But Matti has a very confusing website,I can't make it out!

Q:Best Menu Arts and Menu Cars?
A: For menu arts....Perran Turran is very good. A+ Menu cars are led by Bojan Tarticicco.

That's all you need to know. I'm sure this thread is a copy of many others but it may offer new advice... bye bye!

Minardi Watch

Wilson:** Verstappen:***
Re: GP3 FAQ's answered by me
Date: May 24, 2003 01:11AM
Posted by: senninho
That's good, but how do i... :P

Seriously, this is a really good thing - can we sticky posts in this forum?
If not, maybe you should publish it.

Date: May 24, 2003 04:10AM
Posted by: X_Acto
How about these?

Q: Is there any version of the old Nurburgring track?
A: NO!!!

Q: Is there any version of the Le Mans 24 Hours tarck?

Q: Can we have only 10 teams?

Q: Can i change the speed from MPH to KMP?
A: YES!!! Click in the SEARCH link!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: May 24, 2003 10:45AM
Posted by: bazza
Can we have different carshapes for each car?

Date: May 24, 2003 10:48AM
Posted by: IATWMH
Good idea.
On the subject, can anyone explain the damage coefficiants on Gp3edit? It's very different from how Gp2's values worked... Does anyone know any realistic values for GP3 seeing as the car goes upside down 90% you touch the car?
Date: May 25, 2003 06:55PM
Posted by: Minardi4eva
That I dont know because I never played GP2....

Minardi Watch

Wilson:** Verstappen:***
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy