CCsetup

Posted by boog 
CCsetup
Date: May 14, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: boog
I have a hard time setting up the car on oval track. Eurospeedway for exemple. I'm fast, but tire wear is a major problem. I also miss some speed on the straight. So i wanted to compare the computer setup with mine with GP3 CCsetup editor. I find that rear wing is set to "0". There are my 2 or 3 km/h missing. But how can i set it to "0" on my car?? It's nice to see the gear ratio and wings of computer cars; but where can i get the whole computer setup? If someone could help me i would appreciate a lot. I love oval racing like indy500 or Lautzig but i can't do more than 25 laps with my tires. I tried major Tom setup, it's good on a 15 laps shortrace, but can't make only one pitstop like others on 77 laps. Thanks. Boog.
Re: CCsetup
Date: May 15, 2003 01:31AM
Posted by: chrislewis
The cc setup is only limited to the wings and gears. I have tried myself to get zero rear wing but I couldnt. But there is an editor made by the same bloke which is an editor for your own setups outside of the game, I havent looked into it but it might be possible with that one. Also if you think the tyre wear is unrealistic or just dont want as much you can lower it through the magic data.

Post Edited (05-15-03 08:33)

Date: May 16, 2003 10:47PM
Thank you very much for the information. I'll try those things. Boog.
Date: May 17, 2003 01:15AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Why don't you up the CC cars' rear wing to 1 in the track magic data so that they don't have this extra edge in speed over you?
Date: May 17, 2003 08:59AM
That's a very good solution because i can't get "0" wing myself. But i look at the editor and i could do that. Thanks for the advice. I still don't know how to go into the magic data and reduce tire wear. Thank you all for tour advices. I appreciate. Boog.
Date: May 17, 2003 05:52PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Open and edit the track magic data files which contain the CC car and other information that Grand Prix 3 uses when you run it with GPxPatch with any text editor, such as NotePad.

A setting of "152" for the CC car wing ("fw" and "rw";) is equivalent to wing angle setting of "1" for the human player. Increasing or decreasing the wing figures in the magic data files increases or decreases the wing angle by the same amount.

Increasing the tyre wear figures in the magic data decreases the tyre wear and decreasing the figures increases the tyre wear. I have found that settings of "55" for hard tyres and "54" for soft tyres works very well in giving realistic tyre wear on most all tracks, at least for cars of the last couple of decades.

Post Edited (05-18-03 09:16)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy