Problems with jams!!!

Posted by Natazone 
Problems with jams!!!
Date: March 01, 2003 12:08AM
Posted by: Natazone
I'm trying to convert car liveries from GP3 1.13 bmps to GP3-2000 jam-files with Jam editor. But after all the game crashes into the desktop! I'm using the same texture IDs etc... But it doesn't work anyway with models with black background! Sometimes it works with another colors of bmps' background. But it's only sometimes, not always! What's the problem do You think?
Re: Problems with jams!!!
Date: March 01, 2003 01:01AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I know that GP3-2000 recognizes a certain "black" color as being "transparent", that GP3 does not, so that particular "black" color cannot be used in GP3-2000. I'm afraid that I do not know what the specific "RBG" values of this color are.
Date: March 01, 2003 01:25AM
So can i just edit the colr of the background using photoshop or something? (And what is the best grafic editor to do it?)
Date: March 01, 2003 01:47AM
Posted by: Dinga
Paint Shop Pro 7 is my favourite. Use the colour picker tool to sample the colour value of a GP3-2000 bitmap background then use this with you v1.13 bitmap. Also, ensure the enable transparency checkbox in Jamtool is selected as required.
Date: March 01, 2003 07:20AM
For all car liveries' makers: why do you use black background in your bmps (jams)? That doesn't work in GP3-2000! And that makes the problem. Why don't you use any colour but black???
Date: March 01, 2003 11:45AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
And I go to so much trouble to make a nice, set-specific background for every carset!

However, I'm not sure it's the background that's your problem - that shouldn't cause the game to crash. From bitter experience, I'd check:

That you haven't altered the wheel jams from ones you know work in GP3-2000 - might seem odd, but they cause me some real headaches
That you've converting hardware jams to hardware jams or software to software and not confusing the two.
That you have the right jams in the right slots - the jam IDs for the cars are slot specific, as are the cockpit jams - that might well cause a crash

Try laucnhign GP3-2000 using GPxPatch in debug mode - that should give you a clue as to what's going on.

Date: March 01, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Regarding GP3 carpainters:

Very many of these cars were painted before GP3-2000 was released. There was no way that people could know that there would be changes that would cause problems with using these cars in GP3-2000, or even that there would be a GP3-2000, much less that there would be any possibility of using GP3 cars in GP3-2000.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy