CART wheel trouble

Posted by Vader 
CART wheel trouble
Date: January 04, 2003 06:20PM
Posted by: Vader
Okay, okay, after JackiMatra send me his wheel files and I found out I was using an old version of the cockpit editor (3 instead of 4) I got a step further. Still the whell does not display like it shouldn't. The speed LCD is not at the right place as can be sen on the screenshot. What am I doing wrong and who is responsible for this? I want names.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: CART wheel trouble
Date: January 05, 2003 04:31AM
Posted by: Pako
Hi Vader,
I could never get that CART wheel to work, no matter how many times I tried (GP3), I could send you the one I'm using (my own version, AGAIN) which I think it's pretty good. It's got an LCD display though...

Regards
Horseman

Date: January 05, 2003 05:37AM
Whatever it is, I'll take it all. Thanks.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 05, 2003 09:38AM
It's Laguna Seca

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 05, 2003 10:03AM
Date: January 05, 2003 11:07AM
Posted by: Ellis
LMAO

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 05, 2003 11:49AM
Posted by: simonsteele
rofl!

i could never get laguna seca to work on myn :';(

Date: January 05, 2003 12:15PM
It's the first corner when you exit the pits. Still David Ballard is right, the warping is awful.

It's the fifth track of my CART 2002 season. I won the first 4, Long Beach even in the rain which was like a 41 laps ride on a razor blade (I always do 50% race distance, don't have time for more). Still I can't get a decent time at Laguna Seca. I am about 1 sec behind the pole sitter. First sector, no problem, third sector no problem either, but apparantly I lose 1+ secs in the middle part. I find it very hard to break into Corkscrew and I loose a lot of time there. Either I am too slow and just roll over the blind summit or I am bit too fast and hit a curb that knocks me arse over tit. (I really do loopings there quite often - BorgDroneX would be proud of me). I was following the onboard of one of the faster CCs and what I saw was unbelievable. It is beyond all laws of nature how they steer through corkscrew. Bugger. Back to saturday practice and hopefully better results with another setup ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 05, 2003 01:45PM
I know that the corkscrerw is sector 3, but in my version the braking zone for it belongs to sector 2. So since I have trouble getting into corkscrew, braking too early makes me loose time in sector 2. Once I am in corkscrew I'll get out of it fast enough.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 05, 2003 02:02PM
Solution:
Manual gearbox and 3rd gear thru the corkscrew...
I used to have that problem, I don't anymore!!!

Date: January 05, 2003 06:06PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
Vader,

In your screenshot the "speed readout" is in the "right" place.
That is where the maker of this wheel (Roman Mika?) decided to put it.

You didn't like the replay logos, LCDs, and gearshifter that I sent you?
Date: January 06, 2003 05:21AM
That is where the maker of this wheel (Roman Mika?) decided to put it.

Strange decision

You didn't like the replay logos, LCDs, and gearshifter that I sent you?

No I like them, but after finding Cockpit edito 4 (c above) I installed the wheel from my old zip. Since I thought it still was screwed I had not replaced my files with the ones you send me. Now I know that the wheel works as it wa sintended to and I am going to use your replay logos, LCDs, and gearshifter again.

Thanks,

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy