Sepanguish

Posted by ralph 
Sepanguish
Date: March 17, 2002 07:08AM
Posted by: ralph
You've gotta feel sorry for young Button!

I however had somewhat better luck. After the race the mrs. went back to bed. The sprogg was staying at a friend's so I got to re-enact the race in complete peace (parents will understand how rare an event this is).

Nothing major to report, I just liked the sound of the title. Perhaps I could get a job with a tabloid newspaper.
Re: Sepanguish
Date: March 17, 2002 11:20AM
Posted by: Zcott
How well did you do in the race?

I didn't manage to get past lap 5....
Date: March 17, 2002 01:55PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
your lucky, i cant even get to 5th in Qualifing let along 5 laps in a race........if still to find the perfect balance, at the moment the CC Cars are kicking my ass!!!!
Date: March 17, 2002 02:08PM
Well, I did qualify last...but I've found that over a race distance I can really tune into the track and improve on my qualifying times.
Date: March 18, 2002 05:10AM
Posted by: Vader
Since Sepang is in Malyasia some of these malyan proverbs can be rightfully labeled SEPANGUISH-LANGUAGE:

A diplomat should be yielding and supple as a liana that can be bent but not broken.

A lost wife can be replaced, but the loss of character spells ruin.

A piece of incense may be as large as the knee, but unless burnt emits no fragrance.

Although it may rain, cast not away the watering pot.

An ox with long horns, even if he does not butt, will be accused of butting.

As a bamboo conduit makes a round jet of water, so taking counsel together rounds men to one mind.

Crime leaves a trail like a water beetle and like a snail it leaves it shine. Like a horse-mango it leaves its reek.

Fear to let fall a drop and you will spill a lot.

Flowers and buds fall , and the old and ripe fall.

He that can see a louse as far away as Chine is unconscious of an elephant on his nose.

However big the whale may be, the tiny harpoon can of him of life.

If you dip your arm into the pickle pot let it be up to the elbow.

It is the fate of the coconut husk to float, for the tone to sink.

Kick away the ladder and one's feet are left dangling.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind.

The betrothed of good is evil, The betrothed of life is death, The betrothed of love is divorce.

The body pays for a slip of the foot, and gold pays for a slip of the tongue.

The cradle is rocked but the baby is pinched.

The turtle lays thousands of eggs without anyone knowing, but when the hen lays an egg, the whole country is informed.

Though a tree grow ever so high, the falling leaves return to the root.

To depend on one's own child is blindness in one eyes; To depend on a stranger, blindness in both eyes.

Trumpet in a herd of elephants, Crow in the company of cocks. Bleat in a flock of goats.

When a dead tree falls, the woodpeckers share in its death.

When the curry is good, the rice is half cooked; When the rice is good, the curry is hald cooked.

Where does the ant die except in sugar.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 18, 2002 07:14AM
Posted by: ralph
Qualified 4th, finished 4th but I'd better 'fess up to using throttle help and suggested gear and racing at amateur level. Car setup was default and I really expected to end up in a crumpled heap pretty early on, but like you say over a race distance you can get fairly tuned in and it becomes a very enjoyable drive.

Do the leagues publish lists of lap times etc. so I can get some idea of what I should be aiming for (I think my fastest lap yesterday was 1:37:031 but I know there's much faster times possible, I was always a little cautious through the middle sector).
Date: March 18, 2002 07:25AM
Well, I was on ace level with just throttle help on. Not very easy!

Actually, last night i tried it again, and got the furthest I ever got - lap 13! It started off dry and was really raining by lap 5 and I was out on slicks....running in P9 I didn't want to come in and change to wets as the grip was okay....

....until I crashed, that is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy