Kurt Busch BANNED for the rest of the NASCAR season

Posted by DaveEllis 
Kurt Busch BANNED for the rest of the NASCAR season
Date: November 13, 2005 07:37PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Kurt's last call

By JIM UTTER

ThatsRacin.com Writer

AVONDALE, Ariz. - Roush Racing has suspended reigning Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch for the final two races of the season because of concerns over his citation Friday night for reckless driving.

Busch will not be allowed to drive in Sunday's Checker Auto Parts 500 at Phoenix International Raceway and next week's season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

NASCAR Busch Series driver Kenny Wallace will replace Busch at Phoenix, while Roush Craftsman Truck Series driver Todd Kluever will be behind the wheel in the Ford 400 next weekend. Wallace worked with Busch's No. 97 crew Sunday morning to make sure he would be comfortable in Busch's seat.

Busch's team is sponsored in part by Crown Royal, which promotes an extensive drink responsibly ad campaign.

"It's the last straw for Roush Racing," Roush Racing predident Geoff Smith told The Associated Press. "We're officially retiring as Kurt Busch's apologists effective today."

Busch, who moves to Penske Racing for 2006, will not be allowed to drive for another team this year, Smith said.

Friday night, Busch was spotted driving about 60 mph in a 45 mph zone by a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy and pulled over.

Busch was argumentative and uncooperative, said Lt. Paul Chagolla, a spokesman for the sheriff's department. The deputy detected the smell of alcohol on his breath, Busch refused a field sobriety test and was taken into custody and transported to the sheriff's office's temporary facility at the raceway, Chagolla told ThatsRacin.com.

At the facility, a blood-alcohol test was attempted on Busch but the machine "malfunctioned," Chagolla said. Busch was then released with the criminal citation for reckless driving.

Busch said later Saturday alcohol was not involved.

Busch's car owner, Jack Roush, said Saturday he would not take any action.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

hahahaha you muppet

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Kurt Busch BANNED for the rest of the NASCAR season
Date: November 13, 2005 08:00PM
Posted by: gin
" blood-alcohol test was attempted on Busch but the machine "malfunctioned,""

FEKK! i wish my breathaliser machine malfunctioned when I lost my driving license for driving under the influence of alcholo!!! :(((

Date: November 13, 2005 08:01PM
Posted by: chet
lol..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
gin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> FEKK! i wish my breathaliser machine malfunctioned
> when I lost my driving license for driving under
> the influence of alcholo!!! ((

Along with Kurt Busch you're an idiot!!! Who knowingly endangers other peoples lives??? you deserve to lose your license, I can't put in to words how much of an idiot I think you are!!! a kid at my old school got hit by a drunk driver

Date: November 13, 2005 09:14PM
Posted by: mortal
gin wrote:FEKK! i wish my breathaliser machine malfunctioned when I lost my driving license for driving under the influence of alcohol!!! ((

check the username..........hahahahaha

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 13, 2005 09:20PM
Posted by: Vader
I second what KaseyKahneFan said, besides this is not the first time you boast about your drunk drivings, gin. Everyone who drinks and drives - even if it's "just" one beer - should be nailed to a tree by the scrotum. In all the years I have been driving it has always been zero alocohol for me and I think this s the only way to go. I have absolutely zero tolerance for drunken drivers.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Vader Wrote:
In all the years I have been driving it has always been zero alocohol for me and I think this s the only way to go. I have absolutely zero tolerance for drunken drivers.

----------

I agree, and I think the law should reflect this much better.

[Website]
Date: November 13, 2005 09:43PM
I agree also

On that note, Kurt was tesed later that night and he had not been drinking apparently.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 14, 2005 12:32PM
Posted by: matthewp
Along with Kurt Busch you're an idiot!!! Who knowingly endangers other peoples lives??? you deserve to lose your license, I can't put in to words how much of an idiot I think you are!!! a kid at my old school got hit by a drunk driver

couldnt agree more, if you want to risk you're own life from being an idiot thats fine but don't risk others.

I had just read in a brazillian site that Bush had won the race, and I would say it here, but than I saw it was his young brother Kyle.

I also agree with people here, drink and drive don't match at all, also I don't like those guys that race on public streets. If you think you are great enought for race goes to a indoor-kart at least!!!

--------------------------------------------
Rocker

dude alot of people here watch the nascar races a few days after they been in... might wanna remove that SPOILER ;)

ayway yeah apparantly it wasnt for the speeding etc it was because of how he behaved at the cop shop, calling them names etc. during the nascar telecast they tell you what happend to kurt about 15 times during the race. i was getting pissed off with them for it.

Date: November 14, 2005 06:10PM
Yeah he was caught speeding, would have just got a ticket but he was mouthy and got taken in. Apparently its not the first time hes been a bit mouthy with cops...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 15, 2005 06:07PM
Posted by: tripleM
JR hates disloyalty

Busch was an ass but to me it looks like Roush was waiting for this day.

Date: November 15, 2005 06:12PM
May have been but he dserves it IMO. He didnt learn from his last stupid mistake

Edit. Watching the Phoenix pre-race show. He claimed he was speeding, but the Police said speeding and sped through a red light and stop sign. In the interview Kurt was holding back tears. Got what he deserved IMO

Jack Roush said he knew about the incident for over 24hours before he made the decsion to put Kenny Wallace in the car.

Roger Penske said he was disappointed in Kurt and he and Kurt will meet with the sherriff and officers to apologise again.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2005 07:05PM by DaveEllis.
DaveEllis Wrote:
> May have been but he dserves it IMO. He didnt
> learn from his last stupid mistake
>
> Edit. Watching the Phoenix pre-race show. He
> claimed he was speeding, but the Police said
> speeding and sped through a red light and stop
> sign. In the interview Kurt was holding back
> tears. Got what he deserved IMO
>
> Jack Roush said he knew about the incident for
> over 24hours before he made the decsion to put
> Kenny Wallace in the car.
>
> Roger Penske said he was disappointed in Kurt and
> he and Kurt will meet with the sherriff and
> officers to apologise again.
\

interestng, during the telecast they went to Roger Penske and asked if this would have any implications with kurt driving for him and he said None at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy