Posted by genesis 
Re: Confession, anyone?
Date: November 02, 2003 04:04AM
Posted by: ralphi
Ali-G??

Date: November 02, 2003 04:10AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Yeah cause, wen I iz talkin like dis, dis haint hinglish, but stiwl, no 1 iz complaynin.

Post Edited (11-02-03 11:33)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: November 02, 2003 04:18AM
see but da iz cool....

Date: November 02, 2003 06:41AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Thanks Genesis, you have given me some good reading!
Date: November 02, 2003 08:46AM
Posted by: Ellis
Dude........ i can speak both and write both but i chose to do it in USA style. My english teacher was american so blame it on here..

If she was ment to be teaching you english then she failed since shes does not even speak it her self. She should be sacked for not being able to do her job at all.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 02, 2003 08:52AM
whell... uhm she told us that it was all right if we used "american" she ws teaching us real english but she said that it didn't mather.. we could use both..

Date: November 02, 2003 09:21AM
in reality it does matter tho. If you spell it like that in the UK its wrong. Spell it the UK way in the US its wrong.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 02, 2003 09:29AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

AMerica is just wrong :)

Aluminum? whats that

I agree with ellis that it should be spelt Mum thats how its spelt in here

Date: November 02, 2003 09:37AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I used to think the same as you, but then I went to America. Now I think differently.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: November 02, 2003 09:54AM
Posted by: Pooky
these are tame

out with my mates once, and there was dried horse manure on the field, so they rolled a rizla and put in dried horse manure (like dry ****/hey) and they smoked it

was the funneist thing i ever saw!

Date: November 02, 2003 10:07AM

I used to think the same as you, but then I went to America. Now I think differently.

Been to america twice. Woopie. Makes no difference when your there if your not, they still changed the language simply because they are incapable of even attempting to spell

And the security guard at my hotel thought Scotland was in Alabama :|

Date: November 02, 2003 10:27AM
Posted by: Pooky
ellis - maybe scotland was in alabama because on the east coast of usa a lot of the places take ther names from england

new york, boston, birmingham, etc are all places in usa

Date: November 02, 2003 10:45AM
Posted by: broders
grimsby is even in the USA :O

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: November 02, 2003 10:56AM
Posted by: Orpheus
are there, like, rules?

ok.... AHHHHH LIKE! ;) *

* u wont probably get this unless u live within 50km of me :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: November 02, 2003 12:15PM
Posted by: Vader
because they are incapable of even attempting to spell

*coughs* glasshouse *coughs* throwing stones *coughs*

I could give a lecture on the development of the English language now, but actually I cannot be arsed to do so in the moment. One thing is (almost) clear - at the times of Shakespeare the pronunciation of English was somewhat similar to that now used in the USA.

If you don't like "pants" because it is no real English, what about saying "wee" instead of little or "auld" for "old"? Technically Scottish English isn't proper English as well, in terms of words used, spelling or pronunciation.

Post Edited (11-02-03 19:40)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 02, 2003 12:32PM
hehe.. Ellis you'r from scotland right?

Date: November 02, 2003 12:41PM
Posted by: Vader
Aye, laddie!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 02, 2003 04:50PM
Posted by: Zcott
The last time I was in the states and mentioned that I was from northern ireland, the guy told me I spoke good English.

Date: November 02, 2003 05:00PM
ellis - maybe scotland was in alabama because on the east coast of usa a lot of the places take ther names from england

He asked if it was in alabama because when he thought scotland was in england, i said england was to the south and he said "what, like alabama?

*coughs* glasshouse *coughs* throwing stones *coughs*

Massive difference vader, i attempt to spell.

If you don't like "pants" because it is no real English, what about saying "wee" instead of little or "auld" for "old"? Technically Scottish English isn't proper English as well, in terms of words used, spelling or pronunciation.

Pants means udnerwear in english. Fact. Americans love to change the meaning....to trousers :rolleyes:

I dont have a scottish accent (altho i often to put it on the net when Sim or chris has a joke bout the Scots). I speak english and spell english to the best of my ability. There is a difference between that, taking a language, @#$%& it up to the point where you no longer speak correctly and cant spell simple words

"Scottish" english as you put it can so easily be put down to an accent since real scottish is another language all together. American english cant be put down to an accent at all since they take simple words such as "colour" and remove letters from them

The last time I was in the states and mentioned that I was from northern ireland, the guy told me I spoke good English.

After the people i met there i wouldnt doubt it at all.

Date: November 02, 2003 05:11PM
Posted by: sasjag
i'm actually 90% certain if i spoke to anyone here they'd have a hard time understanding me, i have a very heavy tammy accent

and most scots i know don't actually have a scottish acent, strange that :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy