GP4 Video Tutorials (Car painting Tutorial Live!)

Posted by truecrysis 
GP4 Video Tutorials (Car painting Tutorial Live!)
Date: March 10, 2012 02:19PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Hi guys,

I've been making a few videos for my youtube channel recently and it got me thinking, should i do some video tutorials for GP4?
They would cover things such as car/helmet painting and track making, and possibly other topics people suggest. I realise im no expert on these topics, but ive successfully painted cars and helmets, and have also made a couple of playable in-game tracks. unfortunately it would contain no 3D modelling info, i can't do that stuff ;-)
So would people be interested in me making these videos to help those who want to but can't work out how to do so? I could possibly bring in some of the people who are better than me at each topic to get their tips on certain things.

If you think this wouldn't work out then by all means say so, just trying to gauge whether this would actually work or not, i could always spend my time elsewhere ;-). But at the same time, if you are interested/you think it would work, then let me know too :)
If you want to see my youtube channel its in my sig (that is by no means a plug ;))

edit: After some work doing other stuff that i've required to do and also going on holiday, ive managed to get one together. This covers the topic over painting a car and putting it in-game. Whilst its probably not the basic tutorial, it does do what its supposed to do and hopefully will teach some of you how to do this. Although i imagine most people will watch and realise how bad my method is ;)

Any comments, tips, advice, anything like that will be a great help. And of course any of the usual youtube 3 requests (l/c/s?) but i won't ask for them on here ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 02:53PM by truecrysis.
Re: GP4 Video Tutorials
Date: March 10, 2012 11:00PM
Posted by: ramf1v

i could be caught out here and told there already are, but hey

You have more chance of stepping in rocking horse @#$%& than finding any track making videos ;-)

As a visual learner, I depend solely on video tutorials.

Confucious says:

Tell me, and I will forget.
Show me, and I may remember.
Involve me, and I will understand.

For whatever reason there have been no video tuts over the many years GP4 has been in modding existence, (a yawning gap I noticed when starting to mod for GP4). That's why I never bothered with dats and track making.....well one of the reasons, the other is I'm not a nerd/geek ;)

I think it's a good idea, and much needed, and can only benefit the community by appealing to new and existing modders alike. (Y)

F1Dev
Re: GP4 Video Tutorials
Date: March 10, 2012 11:06PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Something I've always wanted to see. Especially in helmet painting and CSM mod building

Great idea

Just a quick bump to say the first of hopefully many is online. It covers a topic im sure a lot of you already know, but for me it was a good base to start on as its my most comfortable topic. By all means give it a look and give me some feedback, even if you already know how.

Oh and beware, its long. And i mean long ;)

thank you ... watching now (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Re: GP4 Video Tutorials (Car painting Tutorial Live!)
Date: March 28, 2012 02:22AM
Posted by: davegp4
big help thank man! I've been experimenting with texrezer to tga then draping whole country flags over entire tga file & saveing to all sizes
then coverting back to tex then load with wad updater I'm running an A1 type game with countrys instead of teams looks unreal!
Date: March 28, 2012 05:33AM
Posted by: Macca25
I want to to start to get into track making but it is just to overwhelming. A series of video tutorials is exactly what I am looking for.

Go for it mate, it sounds like a great idea. You know you will have a least 1 subscriber. :)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
davegp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> big help thank man! I've been experimenting with
> texrezer to tga then draping whole country flags
> over entire tga file & saveing to all sizes
> then coverting back to tex then load with wad
> updater I'm running an A1 type game with countrys
> instead of teams looks unreal!

No problem :). Feel free to get in contact with me if you want any help with painting your cars. Making cars that represents countries is something i enjoy so just let me know if you want some help.

Date: March 28, 2012 01:14PM
Posted by: mortal
I'll pin this to the FAQ later.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 28, 2012 05:02PM
Posted by: kedy89
great tutorial, looking forward to some about track making :)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: March 28, 2012 05:15PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Fantastic!....hopefully this will encourage people with track making knowledge and GP4 info in to make some vids. ;-)
You set a good standard with this one.

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy