Team Editor & GP4.exe Problem? Please Help

Posted by Flash Formula 
Team Editor & GP4.exe Problem? Please Help
Date: July 10, 2011 11:26PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Hi Guys
Running and using Team Editor 3.5 or 3.2b is fine, I do the changes I need and "Apply All"
But when I run GPxPatch to start the game, it freezes and an error comes up saying "An error has occurred. Open the log file? (GPxPatch will quit afterwards to free up resources)"
And then my Norton Anti-Virus picks up the GP4.exe as a risk and removes it... :-(
If it helps, i'm running on windows 7.
The game works fine before using Team Editor, but after making the changes, it does the above...

Here is the log file from GPxPatch freezing...
========================================
Starting log
GPxPatch version: 3.91
GPx version detected: decrypted GP4 v1.02
Verbosity level is 0
OS version info: Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600
Total physical memory: 1023 MB (free: 1023 MB)
Debugging gp4.exe
Process will run on CPU 1 only
Waiting for debug events...
=========================================

I really hope I could get some help on this one please, it driving me crazy, because I can't make Team Editor changes to the game :(

Date: July 11, 2011 12:15AM
Posted by: mortal
If you can, place GP4.exe in the Norton ignore list, although why you would want Norton is beyond me when it is such 'bloat-ware' and behaves in a fashion that is enough to drive any sane person round the twist! There are plenty of free anti-virii programs available that use far less system resources and can run in silent/gaming mode, such as avast for one.
Run Team Editor as administrator, and when you have a crash log, please post all of it, set verbosity to medium.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Thanks Mortal :-)
It was norton blocking the progress... I'll look into getting another anti-virus :)

Thanks again mate :-)

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy