Textures changing? What's up with that?

Posted by mortal 
Textures changing? What's up with that?
Date: May 22, 2010 01:24PM
Posted by: mortal
Why is it that car textures revert or appear to change at a particular viewing distance? It's not happening to me but I got asked about this particular problem. Is it draw distance in the graphics cfg file?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Textures changing? What's up with that?
Date: May 22, 2010 01:44PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I guess it is linked to the lower lods. For example, if you put a new Mclaren shape into your wad ( lods_0 only for the 2 cars + new textures), it could happen that the old textures (if they are still into the wad) are assigned to the old mclaren lower lods. So, you will see the new shape with new textures correctly when the car is close from the camera but the old shape and old textures when the car is far from the camera ( lower lods)
Maybe I am wrong, I have never experienced this (But in this case, I think the game should crash)

Or another think, simplier. If all the lods are from the same shape, it means that the textures are not assigned correctly to the lower lods ( or maybe one/ several of them)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2010 02:10PM by Excalibur.
Date: May 22, 2010 03:06PM
Thanks for the reply, I think you are right. As far as I know, the old textures are not in the wad, or they shouldn't be. Something else to look into. I'll pass this info on. Thanks again. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 22, 2010 03:07PM
You're welcome, Mortal ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 22, 2010 09:53PM
Posted by: metallipunk69
ive seen it too but i don't worry too much about it myself. ive not had the game crash though....
Date: May 22, 2010 10:01PM
If you can tell me which car is concerned by this problem, maybe I could have a look at it.

Date: May 23, 2010 01:13AM
I'll find out, afaik it's in Nick's 2010 cars wad, but as for which version I cannot say. I'll get back to you on it. :-)

Date: May 23, 2010 10:29PM
Posted by: KGrant
In the low 2010 cars.wad it is the mclaren, STR and rdbull that are affected. If this was fixed i'd be so happy.

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy