GP4 World Series - Grandprixgames ONLINE League

Posted by GP4WS 
GP4 World Series - Grandprixgames ONLINE League
Date: January 10, 2010 10:09PM
Posted by: GP4WS
Hello guys.

Vandusk and Me (jcaranti) we came of an idea that occurred by chatting in another thread.
This idea we developed it the last few days and its time to present it to you guys.

Our idea is a Gp4 Race League here for GPG users. Its not an AI league.
This is real driving witch drivers must complete a distance of 15% of a track length witch we
consider is reasonable and it doesn't take much time to complete the race.
Their will be 8 races in the calendar.

The rules: [vandusk.spacequadrat.de]

Official Rules for the GP4 World Series
1. Be part of the league

a) Everyone who is interested can join.

* You can create your own team. First check that a team-slot is free by checking the entry-list. Send us a private message or an email with your entry.
* Check the entry-list for a free seat in a team. Contact the team-manager of the team. When a deal is signed, you and/or the team-manager must then notify the league admins that the seat is filled.

2. Technical information

a) Grand Prix 4 is required with the following modifications & tools:

* Official Grand Prix 4 Patch 9.6 installed
* a decrypted gp4.exe
* GPxPatch 3.93 or higher must be used
* In the options of GpxPatch, you must select as performance files and physic files the official league performance and physic file
* Which difficulty level and driver aids you choose is your choice. Driver aids F1, F3 and F4 are not permitted.
* Set the random seed in GPxPatch to 59,15031,34356,59,15031,34356
* In car setup changes are to be disabled
* Set weather to custom and 0% unless the race has been declared as wet
* Set possible car failures to none
* If any one of these options are broken by a team and/or driver, disqualification will occur

b) Carset

* Every team must use the official carset, which is published by the league-officials.
* The league-officials reserve the right to change the carset.
* Performance values and horsepower values may not be altered. If a file indicates a higher value over 750hp, disqualification will occur
o Horsepower figures: 750hp qualifying and race. Failure probability 0%.
o Performance figures: 16100 qualifying and 16100 race. Range 0.

c) Teams / Drivers

* Every team use the same carshape, the SMD-ZG01 by Maikel de Boer. Every driver use the same helmet shape, the Arai GP-5 RC 2008 by Maikel de Boer.
o You must use the official template to paint the car and/or the helmet. Template download
* A team is not allowed to use a non-fictional team-name like Ferrari or McLaren. A driver is not permitted to use a fictional name.
* Every team is allowed to use a non-fictional or fictional color scheme.
o Tobacco sponsorship is not permitted.
o Alcohol sponsorship is allowed.
* You must choose a non-fictional engine-manufacturer.
o The engine manufacturer logo must be visible on the car.
* Car-numbers for the first season will be decided in a test-session. For the following seasons, the car-numbers will be decided with the championship standings of the previous season. If a champion is changing teams after a season, the #1 is transferred to the new team.
* Car-numbers must be visible on the following car-areas:
o nose
o rear-wing endplate
* Also the drivers-name must be visible on the cockpit-side.
* Team have a choice of two tyres-suppliers: Bridgestone or Michelin.

3. Sporting regulations

a) The Race weekend

* Time-table:
o Saturday or Sunday: league-officials post the track for the next event plus all other needed files.
o 1st week (Monday - Sunday): every driver has 7 days to run a qualifying lap. The deadline is Sunday evening, 18:00 GMT.
o 2nd week (Monday - Sunday): every driver has 7 days to run a race session. The deadline is also Sunday evening, 18:00 GMT.
* Qualifying-session
o The qualifying will be run in the unlimited practice mode. No other cars are allowed to be on the track during your session. A penalty will be incurred for failing to run the session correctly.
o A hotlap must be send before the deadline ends on Sunday. If your lap arrive after the deadline, you must start in the race-session from the last place.
o If two drivers scored the same time, the driver with the fastest 1st sector will take the better place. If both also have the same time, the 2nd sector will decide the positions.
o You must choose before your qualifying session, which tyre configuration you will use: either hard or soft tyres.
o During qualifying, you are free to alter your setup.
* Race-session
o The race will be run in quickrace mode. The length of the race must be set at 15% in the GPxPatch options. Also the Game replay must be set to 20 minutes in order to the lapcheckers verify the races visually. This is done in the game options - graphics menu.
o Your grid-position must be set to what was achieved in the qualifying. If you have failed to send your hotlap before the deadline, you must start from the back of the grid.
o Uncomplete races are not gonna be taken into the results. Also races, which has been sent after the deadline doesn't be included into the results.
o You must use the same tyre configuration as chosen for qualifying.
o You must use the same final setup as chosen for the qualifying-session. No changes are permitted.
o Pit-stops are not allowed in the race except you have lost something on your car (front-wing, rear-wing, tyre).
o If two drivers achieve the same time, the fastest-lap will decide the positions. If both have the same time, the second fastest-lap is the decider.
* Saving game-sessions
o Qualifying-laps must be saved as a hotlap.
o To save a race, you must enter the options after you cross the finish-line. There you can save your complete quickrace-sessions. Also the fastest-lap is to be saved as a hotlap.
o It is not permitted to save progress during a race to complete later.
o Drivers, who started from a higher-position that they achieved in the qualifying will incur a penalty
o All files will be checked by the league-officials (HofxLap will be used to check all files)
o Saved game and hotlap file name must use the following format: drivername_trackname_session
* Point system
o The point system for each race: 20 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1
o 2 points will be awarded for the pole-position.
o 1 point will be awarded for the fastest-lap.

b) Cheating

* Cheating is not permitted during the events. If a participant is discovered cheating, he will recieve a warning.
* Cutting a chicane is not permitted and will incur a penalty. If any recieved file suggests that chicane cutting has occured, the league-officials will hand the offender a penalty.
* Slipstreaming is permitted during a race, not during qualifying.

4. Championship

* The championship calendar will consist of 8 rounds, which is made up 8 qualifying and 8 race sessions. Track selection is done by participants voting.
* There will be a championship for drivers and teams
o The champion in each category will be declared when the 2nd place can not mathematically catch the 1st place.
o If there will be a tie in any of the categories, the winner will be declared by the amount of victories during the season.
* 2 of 8 rounds during a season will be run in wet-conditions, determinated by the league-officials.

5. Submit files

* Car files must be sent by email to the league-officials. Email address: gp4worldseries@googlemail.com.

# All race files must be zipped and submitted by email to the league-officials. Saved game and hotlap file name must use the follow format: drivername_trackname_session
# For verification that all files recieved are valid, they will be published after each session on the leagues main site.
6. Rules

* The rules are enforced by the league-officials.
* The league reserves the right to amend the rules as it sees fit to maintain fairness and equality for the competitors.
* Disqualification. The league reserves the right to disqualify a participant if found to be cheating.
* Warnings. The league reserves the right to issue two warnings to participants for failing to adhere to the rules. The third warning is accompanied by permanent disqualification from the league.
* Penalties. The league reserves the right to hand out penalties for infraction of the rules, Penalties are time based, usually 30 seconds.
* Protests. Protests are to be sent to the league via email. A protest on an event must be recieved within 24hrs of the event results publication.

Subscriptions are opened. We can have up 11 teams.
Thank everyone for reading and join us and have fun with us.

Here are the necesary files so you guys can participate

Car template
[rapidshare.com]

Helmet template
[rapidshare.com]
[www.megaupload.com]

Both car and helmet template in 1 download
[www14.zippyshare.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 03:25AM by GP4WS.
sounds interesting:-)

My GPGSL Career
Yep, interesting indeed.

Hmmm, could you own a team but not drive

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Re: GP4 World Series. Its a Gp4 Race League for GPG users. Real driver race not AI.
Date: January 11, 2010 02:36AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmm, could you own a team but not drive

Hi Dan,

Yes you can own a team and not drive.

Also you can drive in another team and own a different
team than the one you drive for.

kind regards
Jorge.
Nobody interested in this one? :(
Sounds like it could be good!
I would like tp play and have downloaded the tools but not sure how do enter some of the details.
Sadness, I can't join. My PC doesn't support GP4.

Good luck for all!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Re: GP4 World Series. Its a Gp4 Race League for GPG users. Real driver race not AI.
Date: January 17, 2010 05:19PM
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Sadness, I can't join. My PC doesn't support GP4.

Hi Rod,

What you mean it doesnt support Gp4?
All windows support Gp4. Windows 98, WIndows 98 SE,
Windows 2000, Windows Millenium, Windows XP SP1 SP2 SP3, Vista and Seven.
All the PCs i know do support it , even 7 o 8 year old PCs can take it ofcourse original game
but still its possible to play.
If you need help on that just ask.

Kind regards
Jorge.
Nice, I'll join this :-)

Edit: where I can download the template?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 05:52PM by Gigi4.
Car template can be found on here in the first post:
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Helmet could be downloaded by visiting my topic - template is included there in the package
[www.grandprixgames.org] - Links could be dead ...

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
mediafire's one is dead and rapidshare doesn't work for me

Date: January 17, 2010 06:21PM
Gigi4 Wrote:
> mediafire's one is dead and rapidshare doesn't
> work for me

GianLuigi does Megaupload work?
I say so i can ask permission to upload and post it here.

Kind regards
Jorge.
My car/helmet are free to upload Jorge as long my original readme is still within the package :) maybe good to up a few links and place them in the first post here (Y)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: January 17, 2010 06:26PM
MDBSnake Wrote:
> My car/helmet are free to upload Jorge as long my
> original readme is still within the package :)
> maybe good to up a few links and place them in the
> first post here (Y)

Thank you Maikel.
Your very kind mate. (Y)
Yeah, would be good to have some more link, these file hosting sites always give problems

I uploaded the stuff for you ;-)

TEMPLATES
Great, I'll start immediately painting the car!

Hi all - I am interested in racing but will need help on how to make/paint a car as it is not as easy as gp3 i think!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy