big resolution: crash to desk

Posted by stifflers mum 
big resolution: crash to desk
Date: March 24, 2007 06:56PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
hi ladys and gentlemen,

after a long time without gp4 i want get into it again. got a lot new hardware, so its necessary to run gp4 on a 22" widescreen. when i try to set the resolution (using zaz-tool and 2006mod) in the f1graphics to 1680x1050, the game always starts with 800x600... when i try to change it ingame, to 1600x1200, which is the highest option, the game crashes. it gives me the log down here. also the steeringwheels are stretched...

any solutions for me please? thx in advance-heres the log-file from gpxpatch:

*edit*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2007 09:45AM by stifflers mum.
Re: big resolution: crash to desk
Date: March 24, 2007 09:05PM
anyone?
Date: March 25, 2007 10:16AM
Posted by: Robert
there might be something wrong with you're f1graphics.cfg file, probably the one in you're gp4 folder (the original).
You should either change it or delete it because I think gp4 will create one if there isn't one.
Because of this problem gp4 can't read some of the file, and so it crashes.
if it isn't that, I don't know whats wrong
hope that helps :)
rob

EDIT: *re-reads thread title* - what crashed to your desk? the monitor? did you drop it? ;) sorry just couldn't resist :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 06:16PM by Robert.
Date: March 25, 2007 11:28AM
Posted by: b-tone
Hi, nice to see you around :)
Delete the f1gstate.sav and f1graphics.cfg from the Data\Files dolder in the mod, and make sure you've applied this fix: [www.grandprixx.com]

____
Tony

Date: March 25, 2007 04:45PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, it can come from f1graphics.cfg file (simply delete it and run game once to recreate a safe one), from a sound mod or a menu mod...

Anyway, it does not come from your resolution as I used to play in 1600*1200 on my 4/3 CRT monitor and am now playing in 1680*1050 on my 22" LCD without a glitch.
Without a glitch but stretched Gpxpatch displays, so if your steering wheel display is drawn by gpxpatch, there's no work around yet (I already told SDI about this matter).

Just to show an example that GP4 can handle high resolutions, I pushed it up to 3200*800 on the screen below (click to see it in full size).

Date: March 26, 2007 09:44AM
thanks alot guys,

i always know, i can count on you! ;) nice to see tony and lo2k are still involved here! great!
i deleted all graphics files, but nothing changed. whats new to me is the f1gstate.sav. will kill that one too and hope it works.

btw: anything to do for me in here tony? :)

thanx alot.
Date: April 02, 2007 12:39PM
Posted by: b-tone
stifflers mum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> btw: anything to do for me in here tony? :)

I'm sure some 2007 steering wheels would be welcomed :)

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy