Signature txt & pics, html tags, emo's etc. FAQ W.I.P by members

Posted by mortal 
Smileys or 'emos'

The Grand Prix Games forums offer a range of smileys for your needs. See below for the codes and the smileys they represent.

: - ) J
: ) J
: - ( L
: ( L
: - o :-0
: o :o
; - ) ;-)
; ) ;)
; - ( ;-(
; ( ;(
: - O :-O (Capital ‘O’)
: - [ :-[
( Y ) (Y)
( N ) (N)
( K ) (K)
( I ) (I)
( H ) (H)
( G ) (G)
( E ) (E)
( D ) (D)
( B ) (B)
( @ ) (@)
( * ) (*)
( & ) Dog
( O ) (O) (Capital ‘O’)

html tags and image linking

You can use the following tags in your messages and in your signature:

(Please remove the spaces in the examples)

Formatting text

There are several ways to format your text as shown below.

here is some bold text

here is some italic text

Here is some underlined text

Inserting images into your post

To insert an image you first need to upload your image to a website. Many people use www.imageshack.us and www.photobucket.com to host their pictures. These are free and easy to use image hosting providers.

Lets say that you have uploaded an image to Imageshack. During the upload process you will be given a link to the image. Imageshack is great because it produces the code for thumbnail versions of your picture which can be inserted straight into a post. If you have the direct link to the image and want to post it use the tags. For example lets say We had a picture uploaded to . If we surround the address of the image with tags then we can show the picture on the forum

For example typing will produce this:

Inserting a Video link into your post

We can insert videos uploaded to youtube using the [youtube ][/youtube ] tags. For example typing will produce the following:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Using the tag will draw a grey horizontal line like this

Inserting links into your post

Typing this [ To get bold text type, [ b ]Bold text[ /b ] Bold text To get italic text[ i ]Bold text[ /i ] Italic text [ u ]Underline[ /u ] Underlined text You can combine the bold, italic and underline tags if you wish, [ b ][ i ][ u ]Bold italic underlined text[ /b ][ /i ][ /u ] Bold italic underlined text [ hr ] give a simple line To change the color of a text entry use [ color=red] or green or blue [/color] Remove the space from the examples shown. Signature pictures cannot exceed 20kb in total size. Some of our users are still on 56k dial-up. Excessive signature picture sizes affect page loading times for everyone, your assistance in keeping signature pictures to the 20kb limit will be appreciated by all. Please try to keep your signature pictures to a horizontal banner format, therefore your picture will not take up too much space on the displayed page. The moderators at grandprixgames.org respect the right for users to display their individuality via their signature pictures. Offensive signature pictures will be removed, such items will not be tolerated on this site. You could also run the risk of having your account removed and site access denied. Some users take delight in being the 'secret sig-police' and periodically check the size of users signature pictures and report the offense to the moderators. If you exceed the size limit you will no doubt receive a pm from a moderator asking you to re-size your signature picture. As for where you put your sigs, you need to upload them to a website or use a image hosting site like Imageshack and then copy the link to the image into the sig section of your Control Centre on GPG. For example you might enter: [ hr ] [ img ] [http://www.myimagehost.com/sigs/mysig.jpg] [ /img ] The [ hr ] is so that the line separates the signature from the rest of your post making it easier to see it is a sig rather than a picture you’ve posted. If you want another image host from Imageshack take a look at this Blue Peter, “Here’s one I did earlier” Google search I’ve done for you. If you aren’t comfortable with this ask someone on GPG if they’d be good enough to host your sig for you. They’ll want you to email them the sig and they will upload it to their webspace and give you the link. Just remember not to bite the hand that feeds you, by flaming them in a thread, or you might find your sig being replaced with a ruder version or even worse being altered to be over the 20Kb limit, placing you at the mercy of the feared GPG Secret Sig Police. Their evil knows no fear and even the Stasi, KGB and CIA shudder at the mention of the SSP. ;-) [ Thanks to; Willb, Marc Lister and mortal Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 10:29PM by mortal." rel="nofollow" >www.grandprixgames.org[]
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy