Interlagos hi-res [released]

Posted by Ruboy 
Interlagos hi-res [released]
Date: September 30, 2005 05:02PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Finally I have finished the Interlagos hi-res update. I'm soory for the delay - I thought I could manage in time for last week's Brazilian GP - but I did many modifications and I think it was worth taking my time for this.
Besides this, I for the first time also had to create textures by myself. This update is based on Ricardo Lampert's interlagos 2004 v0.99, so I advise you first to install it if you haven't yet.

I want to thank following authors for their permission to use their work:
Ricardo Lampert: Interlagos 2004 v0.99 and the two .jip files
Caelen: many textures which I have extracted from his hi-res tracks
Willb: some textures from his silverstone 2005 update and thanks for help with the .gp4 file
and of course Lo2k for his great tools 3DEditor, WadUpdater and TexResizer.
Thank you guys!

Here the major modifications I made except updating textures and also some new features:
Modified .gp4: - pitcables and fuel rigs for eacht team in the qualifying and race added
- a traffic light at the exit of the pit lane added
- a "100 km/h" sign at the entry of pits added
- a lot of texures set to be displayed "both-sided"
Modified .dat:
1) default .dat file: - new JipMappings in pitlane
2) realistic 2004 .dat: - new JipMappings on track and in pitlane
- original positions of split times and pit speed limit on/off -> These are also the same as from 2005, so no need for changes:)

IMPORTANT for installation:
This Interlagos hi-res update consists of two parts. To update it correctly you have two possibilities:
1) Interlagos2004_hi-res_part1 + Interlagos2004_hi-res_part2 normal
2) Interlagos2004_hi-res_part1 + Interlagos2004_hi-res_part2 special

You see, "part1" is necessary and after that you have the choice to install "part2 normal" or "part2 special"
part2 normal: this part includes hi-res texures as used in the Hungaroring hi-res update; they are good and your interlagos2001.wad will be sized like the other hi-res tracks (about 50 MB)
part2 special: this part consists of hi-res textures edited by me and thus new and more realistic than from "part2 normal"; unfourtunately, there was an extreme loss of quality when I batched the .tga files into .tex files. Due to this, I just renamed the ending from .tga to .tex. That means: quality remains good, but the size also. So these .tex files are much bigger than the ones from "part2 normal". Because of this your interlagos2001.wad will be sized about 88 MB.
ADVICE: I dind't really notice a difference concerning PO between these two parts, so if you have enough space on your harddisc I recommend you to install "part2 special". If it extremely increases PO, than try "part2 normal", but normally it shouldn't.

Here some screenshots ("part2 special" installed) - sorry for poor quality
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]
[i4.photobucket.com]

Just to show the diffrence - the following has "part2 normal" installed - look at the grass and gravel
[i4.photobucket.com]

Well, I think "part2 special" fits much better:)

DOWNLOAD:
from Dragon Racing forums (You have to be signed into Dragon Racing forums to access the downloads.):
part1: [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk] (10,8 MB)
part2 special: [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk] (13,5 MB)
part2 normal: [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk] (6,1 MB)

from RapidShare
Part1: [rapidshare.de] (10,8 MB)
Part2 special: [rapidshare.de] (13,5 MB)
Part2 normal: [rapidshare.de] (6,1 MB)

I advise you to read the gp4form.txt to avoid a mess!

My next projects will be:
Shanghai update: based on Shanghai 1.0 from shutt1e
Hockenheim (new layout) update: based on Hockenheim 2005 from shutt1e
I already have permission by Caelen to use this textures:)

EDIT: I also want to thank Karan for hosting the files on Dragon Racing forums.

Have fun. Feedback appreciated .

Cheers,
Ruboy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2005 01:29AM by Ruboy.
Re: Interlagos hi-res [released]
Date: September 30, 2005 05:04PM
@Karan: Maybe you could post some of your great screenshots:)

@others: Please give me good advice where else I could upload the updates.

Date: September 30, 2005 05:22PM
Posted by: jpmfw
rapidshare sucks!.i can never get anything from there.hope you find somewhere to upload it too ruboy it looks great.leslie would host it i`m sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2005 05:24PM by jpmfw.
Date: September 30, 2005 05:46PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Why not ask Leslie of Motorsportfotos fame if he will host it? I'm sure he would. Click here for his site.
Date: September 30, 2005 06:22PM
Posted by: Enzojz
Well , your ferrari relection looks fine , how much is the reflection rate you set?
Date: September 30, 2005 06:30PM
Posted by: NuMbBrAiN
Good that you're gonna update Hockenheim 2005...*applauds*

Date: September 30, 2005 06:42PM
Posted by: Karan19
@Ruboy - How come you didnt use Ricardo's 2005 Interlagos as your base? Does this mean I cannot use your update on his 2005 track? Cause I've already installed it. But dont worry I will try to post some screenshots anyway. But that leads me to my next question...Getting hold of the track. Like someone said, its very difficult to get it off Rapidshare as its unreliable.

@Marclister - I'm a moderator at Motorsport Forum too and can upload files to their ftp server. If you email me the parts Ruboy, I'll have it uploaded in a couple of hours today. If you want to do that, just pm me and i'll let you know my email/msn

Date: September 30, 2005 06:44PM
Cheers Karan19. I'm at Uni and my external IP address is shared with others in the building so all it takes is someone to download one or two files off RapidShare and then no-one else can.
Date: September 30, 2005 06:46PM
Posted by: b-tone
i got hold of Interlagos2004_hi-res_part1.rar so i'll upload it to dragon racing. (i is a mod also :p)

____
Tony

Date: September 30, 2005 06:50PM
great. i think dragon racing should become the home of all of gp4 track updates from now on :) its fast, reliable and has *great* moderators like us working for it 24/7 :P
Date: September 30, 2005 06:53PM
ok guys:)
I have sent a pm to Leslie and asked if they could host it.

@Karan:
There are two reasons why I have updated the 2004 version.
1) I started one week before the Brazil GP, that means before the release of Ricardo's update.
2) I asked Ricardo about that: This 2005 update is still a beta so it would make no sense to update it to hi-res because he will nevertheless release a final version (v1.0) which would need a new update.

Anyway, if you need the 2004 v0.99 you can ask me:)
Nice that you are also a moderator of Motorsports.
Cheers,
Ruboy

Date: September 30, 2005 07:09PM
Ruboy, why not just email it to Karan19 or b-tone? If they are moderators they can just upload it straight away.
Date: September 30, 2005 08:08PM
I'll merge the files into two and upload to Leise's server , ok?
Date: September 30, 2005 08:22PM
If you've got both, then brilliant. Thanks Enzojz.
Date: September 30, 2005 09:57PM
Ok I got home now. What shall I do to upload the files at Motorsportfotos?

@Enzojz: I even don't know where to set these reflections. Which line is it in the grafics.cfg so that I coan tell you.

Date: September 30, 2005 11:55PM
Ok I've uploaded Part 1 and Part 2 Special to Dragon Racing forums. You have to be signed into Dragon Racing forums to access the downloads.

Download track here - [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk]

Ruboy perhaps you should copy&paste the link into the main post so no one misses it here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2005 04:13AM by Karan19.
Date: October 01, 2005 12:28AM
Posted by: Caelen
" there was an extreme loss of quality when I batched the .tga files into .tex files. Due to this, I just renamed the ending from .tga to .tex. That means: quality remains good, but the size also. So these .tex files are much bigger than the ones from "part2 normal".

are you sayimg that the textures from this part are actually .tgas but you have renamed the file extension to .tex, this works ?
Date: October 01, 2005 12:50AM
@Caelen:
Yep:) Look here (page 39 and 40): [www.grandprixgames.org]

By the way, thanks again for your textures they are great:)

Date: October 01, 2005 01:34AM
well , it works? Before I using 1024 textures , I tried this on my first unreleased 512 size Ferrari F2001 textures , it doesn't work ... this is also the first reason I using 1024 without TEXResizer.
Date: October 01, 2005 01:53AM
Screenshots from Ruboy's 2004 Interlagos update

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy