Removing Steering Wheel's LCD display

Posted by vodkamartini1 
Removing Steering Wheel's LCD display
Date: September 29, 2004 01:48PM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Halo again - two problems from me in one day :S!
Can anyone point me towards a file or tool which you can use to remove the LCD display from the steering wheel in GP4? I wish to use Caelens McLaren wheel but still has the display - it says there is a tool to remove it but I can't find it anywhere - any wheels with it included are not available to download either.
So if someone could E-mail me it (vodkamartini1@gmail.com) or point me to where I can download it I would be very grateful.
Thank you.
Re: Removing Steering Wheel's LCD display
Date: September 29, 2004 02:24PM
Posted by: b-tone
look on my site at the bottom of this page [we-do-design.com]

not sure if it works that well but there it is ;)

____
Tony

Date: September 29, 2004 02:28PM
Hmm, does htis only remove the information ON the panel? I think the ones which have been removed actually delete the panel itself.
I will give it a try though and thanks for your help.
If there's any further help please keep it coming :)
Thanks
Date: September 30, 2004 07:22AM
Posted by: quickslick
you can download a no LCD Steeringwheel and replace your Files in the Fonts Folder of GP4 with the new ones from the downloaded no lcd wheel ;-)
Date: September 30, 2004 12:19PM
I don't really want the stuf fin my wingmirror, just getting rid of it woul dbe nice (I know it isn't too practical but I'd like to try it). As I have said all of the No-LCD wheel files I have foun don the net - the links are dead so I can't download them to try it. Please help if anyone can!If they have a live link or perhaps a wheel they have downloade din the past I would be very grateful.
Date: September 30, 2004 01:31PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
i think caelens mclaren wheel will only work in package with gptweaker. the led is behind the wheel and does not turn i think. is this what u looking for?
Date: September 30, 2004 03:34PM
Posted by: quickslick
here you'll find the williams no lcd Steeringwheel, the zip includes the recommended files to remove the lcd Display. You can use it for your Mclaren Wheel. It's the updated no lcd from Chunter

[www.racesimulations.com]
Date: September 30, 2004 07:25PM
Thanks very much for the link - I wil give it a shot - I think it may just be the fonts I have to input to do so, though maybe the display .tex too. But I will try the fonts first.
Thanks to everyone for there help, cheers :)
Date: October 01, 2004 02:51PM
it didn't work :P! Even just using the Williams whell files to the letter, the LCD screen was still present :(
Date: October 01, 2004 02:54PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
i dont know exectly what u mean. if u want u can download one of mine. read here...
[www.grandprixgames.org] maybe its fine for you.
Date: October 01, 2004 03:18PM
Posted by: Chunter

[people.freenet.de]

last version of my wheel
Date: October 01, 2004 05:22PM
Chunter - when I tried your last version of this wheel, I followed the instructions in the readme exactly and it didn't remove the LCD display - it was still partially visible through the weheel? Is there something else I need to do to get this working?
Date: October 02, 2004 01:15AM
are you playing the game in English ? i only tested it in English

as long as you put the tex files in the cockpit folder of the cars.wad and the .uni and .pos files into the gp4 fonts folder it should work...bear in mind not your normal windows font folder, it should work....oh and try adjusting the cockpit view with the - and + keys on the right side of your keyboard..thats really all there is to it
Date: October 02, 2004 01:48PM
is that the gp4 fonts folder inside the cars wad or the actual gp4 main folder? I am playing it in english.
Date: October 02, 2004 03:57PM
should be the one in the actual gp4 folder...been a long time since i actually used it myself...
Date: October 02, 2004 05:41PM
ahh - well if this does solve it I have been doign it wrong, and I must apologize for sayign that your wheel is incorrect! It is just a bit unclear in your readme file as to what to do re. the fonts.
I shall give it a shot and fingers will be corssed :)
Date: October 03, 2004 03:31PM
It worked - thanks very much for all of your help guys :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy