help install helmet on CSM carset

Posted by tumyeto 
help install helmet on CSM carset
Date: May 02, 2016 02:02AM
Posted by: tumyeto
hello,
Could you tell me how to install the helmet and helmet textures in simple carset in CSM because I do recall me how it works.
In the "helmet" folder I put the shape in the "shape" folder and textures of every drivers in a folder for the driver, I also have a "config" text file with the name of each driver.
It worked on my old carset but now I can no longer view the texture in the game.
Is what I miss something?
Thank you for your help
Re: help install helmet on CSM carset
Date: May 02, 2016 03:02AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
First, check your Carset.csm file :
(In the root folder of your mod; i.e mine is "B:\Games\Grand Prix 4 (Game)\GPSAVES\Carsets\Red Bull Masters\carset.csm" - Yours might be called something different.)

In the [Files] section, you might need this line:
Helmets             =Helmet\Config.ini

This line isn't needed if the .ini is in the default place and has the default name - but I can't remember what the defaults are, so it's a good idea to have it anyway.

Then, check the layout of the .ini file you're using.
Mine looks like this:

[Main]
Format		=

[Config]
dir1 = Arai_Tex\Tander
dir2 = Arai_Tex\Courtney
dir3 = Arai_Tex\Loeb		
dir4 = Arai_Tex\Ogier
dir5 = Arai_Tex\Montoya
dir6 = Arai_Tex\Dixon
dir7 = Arai_Tex\Webber
dir8 = Arai_Tex\Barrichello
dir9 = Arai_Tex\Bernhard
dir10 = Arai_Tex\Hartley
dir11 = Arai_Tex\Raikkonen
dir12 = Arai_Tex\Bottas
dir13 = Arai_Tex\Alonso
dir14 = Arai_Tex\Ricciardo
dir15 = Arai_Tex\Marquez
dir16 = Arai_Tex\Lorenzo
dir17 = Arai_Tex\Spengler
dir18 = Arai_Tex\Wehrlein
dir19 = Arai_Tex\Gordon
dir20 = Arai_Tex\Earnhardt
dir21 = Arai_Tex\Rossi
dir22 = Arai_Tex\Stoner

Dir23       =Trans_Shape
Dir24       =Shared

dir1-dir22 have the textures for each driver's helmet, and the drivers are listed in order; In the 'Tander' folder, there is 'driver1_1.tex' and 'driver1_2.tex'; In the 'Stoner' folder there is 'driver23_1.tex' and 'driver23_2.tex'
Also remember that the number 13 gets skipped; In my example, Alonso has 'driver14_1.tex' and 'driver14_1.tex', Ricciardo is 'driver15_1.tex' and 'driver15_1.tex' etc.
Dir23 is my helmet shape, and Dir24 has things like 'Visorspecmap.tex' in it.
(Obviously your folder names will be different)

It could be a mistake in your lines as well; I once spent an hour trying to fix something, before I realised that I'd written 'Tex_Arai' instead of 'Arai_Tex' ;)

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy