a flat track?

Posted by Pont 
a flat track?
Date: September 27, 2015 11:11AM
Posted by: Pont
In gp3 trackeditor you could easily make a track flat again....is this tool also available in gp4builder?
Re: a flat track?
Date: September 27, 2015 11:25AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Yep. Click Modify Sectors after you highlighted a sector, hit 0 and the last sector of the circuit in the range and set Altitude to 0 for both the First and the Last sectors.

Set Banking to 0 as well to make the track absolutely flat.

EDIT: 'Expert' trick - set altitude to -0.01 or -0.02 when you want to work with an inserted Google Maps image (or any satellite image) as a base for a layout. That way, you'll directly see what's underneath each sector you create without the need to F10 your way in and out while also being able to see the frames of your .dat layout in Orthographic view.

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2015 11:30AM by Atticus..
Date: September 27, 2015 12:25PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Expert trick 2 : if you set all the track sector altitude to 0, you can also move down your Google map mesh down by 1 or 2 cm to make sectors visible on top of it ;)

Date: September 27, 2015 02:04PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Expert trick 2 : if you set all the track sector
> altitude to 0, you can also move down your Google
> map mesh down by 1 or 2 cm to make sectors visible
> on top of it ;)

Yeah. :) And there's also another way to flatten out the tracks as well. The flexibilities of GP4 Builder... :-)

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy