I think I'm getting old (=how to install mods the old way?)

Posted by anze89 
hello,

after few years of living without gp4 on my computer, nostalgia kicked in two days ago and after a rough fight with asus xonar sound drivers I got the game working (win7 64bit). I have zero interest in playing the 2001 season, so I downloaded the 1994 mod (without tracks). To my surprise, the whole mod comes in one file, which is then installed with CSM who then changes game files on the fly when you start the game. Fancy, no doubt about it :D. It's great that game mods and tools developed in such a way, but I'm probably a little bit old school because I want to do this:
- I would like to have game moded into 1994 season all the time (as gp4 is not registry dependend you can copy it to 10 different folders if you want to) - cars, helmets, cockpits, menus, driver pictures, etc., without track loading graphic (it looks weird to have unmatching tracks and loading screens)
- I would like to have the same drivers through the whole season, not race dependent
- I would like to have one performance file for the whole season (1994-Generic that is included in the mod seems a little bit strange to me) - I don't care about realistic lap times, I would just like to have normal competative AI that performs based on the average of 1994 season
- I would like to change helmets (to put my own helmet into the game) - forgot what tool I used all those years ago

So basically the problem is, how to extract the necessary files from the mod, beside the brutal solution of alt-tabing the game and copying the modified cars.wad to temp folder?

Thanks for help!

btw. #1 after a few years of inactivity on english forums my english is very rusty, sorry
btw. #2 what's the best site to download tools, mods, etc.?
btw. #3 why is my forum ui all in german?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 07:58PM by anze89.
I'm working on 1993 theme at present it will be a while but if you like old school cars
then I suggest taking a look at some of these themes I've created, they are all non CSM
just download the whole pack of whatever theme you like to race & follow the READ ME file

Themes so far include : Grand Prix 4 1955 - Grand Prix 4 1967 - Grand Prix 4 2014 - Grand Prix 4 Gambler - Grand Prix 4 GTA - Grand Prix 4 GTA Gambler - Grand Prix 4 Olympic Games - Grand Prix 4 Scorn - Grand Prix 4 X1 Career

Any of the Gambler games are a watch only game, all others are drivable. All themes are whole games of Grand Prix 4.

Cheers!(B) Credit go's to all the authors in the permissions post for all these great works.(G)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 12:04PM by davegp4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy