Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Posted by Lumpy20 
Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Date: September 27, 2016 02:02PM
Posted by: Lumpy20
Not sure if it was me but GP4 no longer runs on my Win 10 PC.

It did run GP4 OK, with GPXPatch, before the Anniversary update loaded on Monday.

Is there a way to get it up and running again.

PS: I turned the firewall, Bullguard, off and tried XP SP3 as well as Windows 8 and set GP4 to 'run as administrator'

PC is Asus Z97-K, i5 4750, 16Gb, WD 1Tb x 2, GTX250 x 2, Win 10 Pro 64Bit.

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Keith
Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Date: September 27, 2016 02:21PM
Posted by: phantaman
here everything working perfectly (without problems). (Y)

PS: try turning off your antivirus protection

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: September 27, 2016 02:58PM
Yeah, AV and Firewall was OFF (Bullguard).

Don't know what is different but now but GP4 working after restart?

I did give permission for GP4.exe and GPXPatch to run in Bullguard so this might have been an issue?

Regards, Kh
Date: September 27, 2016 09:57PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
It's not directly related to your issue, but I have another issue since the Anniversary update. After it and with every following update, I'm loosing my wheel drivers so that Logitech profiler reads a wrong wheel setting. According to various forums, Win 10 resets certain variables with every update. While this never affected my GP4, it's not unlikely that the update messed up with a setting of yours. My hint is to make sure GP4.exe, GPxPatch.exe and all ZAZ tools exe (if you're using them, and especially them, because they're prone to wrong virus detections), are on the white list and not blocked in any way, and then do a completely clean reinstall. Most often, this works wonders, especially after an update that messed something up.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: September 28, 2016 08:25AM
Hi John,

Will give this a go.

The reason I like GP4 is easy of the game with setup and running.

I tried other racing games like F1-2010 etc but you have to be a F1 mechanic/tech to work out how to get the car running.

I have gone through and added all the *.exe files in GP4 to the 'Allow' list in Bullguard and restarted the PC.

GP4 now runs from GPXPatch, thanks again for the tip.

Regards, Keith
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy