GP4Tweaker TyrePos overwritten by TeamEditor

Posted by Losi 
GP4Tweaker TyrePos overwritten by TeamEditor
Date: March 25, 2016 06:35PM
Posted by: Losi
Good Evening everyone,

I usually run my own custom Mods, only by using Perf-Files, GP4Tweaker and GPxPatch, no CSM.

So I made a mistake I think, as I set Tyre Position via Team Editor (what's globally done for all cars) and now I cannot seem to get the Tyre Position for every Car working via the GP4Tweaker.

I've set the Position in TyrePos.ini and also enable TyrePos in gp4tweak.ini, but the Game only recognized my settings from Team Editor.
I know when using CSM this can be fixed with the enabletweaker.cap but is there any solution when not using CMS?
Re: GP4Tweaker TyrePos overwritten by TeamEditor
Date: March 26, 2016 12:51AM
Posted by: TomMK
You need GP4 Tweaker v1.045 Reloaded from GP4 Central. It's the last download on the Tools page. And ignore the silly virus warning, there's nothing wrong with anything on Central.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 29, 2016 08:33PM
TomMK schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You need GP4 Tweaker v1.045 Reloaded from GP4
> Central. It's the last download on the Tools page.
> And ignore the silly virus warning, there's
> nothing wrong with anything on Central.

Somehow I am still not getting it to work. The config is fine as well as it's enabled with the v1.045 Reloaded Version.
The TyrePos.ini is not making any change to the Game. I even tested it by having a TyrePos change from the value of 2.5000 to 3.5000 but it's the same in-game. I'v also went ahead and did a fresh install of GP4, with no success in regards to the Positions.

It's looking pretty weird while racing when the actual tyres are far off from the suspension.
Date: March 30, 2016 12:07AM
Posted by: Excalibur
I think that GP4.exe has not been patched correctly because I use TeamEditor for helmet, St wheel and cam positions and Gp4 Tweaker for tyrepos and rearlight pos at the same time... TeamEditor never overwrites Gp4 Tweaker when both are correctly installed.

Could you check your GP4 Tweaker installation, please?

Installation:
-------------
1. Extract all contents on the archive file into a temporary folder

2. Go to your Windows system folder:

- Microsoft Windows 9x/Me --> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
- Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 --> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32

3. Backup existing GP4TWEAK.DLL file at Windows system folder, IF ANY (optional, recommended)

4. Put GP4TWEAK.DLL into your Windows system folder

5. Copy GP4_EXE_PATCH.EXE file (under "extras" subdir from the archive) came with the archive
to your Grand Prix 4 game installation folder

6. Run GP4_EXE_PATCH.EXE located on your Grand Prix 4 game installation folder, for example by
double-clicking the file from your Windows Explorer

7. If you get this message:
"GP4.EXE will be patched. Continue and proceed this operation?"
confirmed with YES, otherwise choose NO

8. Done.

Important: Extract Gp4tweak_data folder and gp4tweak.ini file from Extras/config template/ of your archive directory and put this folder and .ini file into your GP4 main installation folder:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 12:20AM by Excalibur.
Date: March 30, 2016 01:04AM
Hi Excalibur,

Thanks, that's working. (Y)

I've re-used a Tweaker-Download from some time ago (still v1.45) that has all the files you've mentioned, as the GP4_EXE_PATCH.EXE is not available in the GP-Forever link mentioned earlier in this thread (the version I was using lately).
Now I can finally use the Tweaker for Tyre Positions (and maybe some other stuff) :)
Date: March 30, 2016 01:45AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Ok, I don't know what's wrong with GP4forever link to gp4tweaker_v1045_Reloaded. But Gp4central link above, given by TomMK, is complete with all the files.
Otherwise, here is my direct link, if needed: gp4tweaker_v1045_reloaded.rar

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 01:49AM by Excalibur.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy